Solu-cortef and Macular degeneration - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Macular degeneration is reported only by a few people who take Solu-Cortef.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Solu-cortef and have Macular degeneration. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,371 people who have side effects while taking Solu-cortef from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
6,371 people reported to have side effects when taking Solu-cortef.
Among them, 2 people (0.03%) have Macular degeneration.
What is Solu-cortef?
Solu-cortef has active ingredients of hydrocortisone sodium succinate. eHealthMe is studying from 6,388 Solu-cortef users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Macular degeneration?
Macular degeneration (painless eye condition that leads to the gradual loss of central vision) is found to be associated with 1,878 drugs and 1,282 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Solu-cortef and Macular degeneration reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Macular degeneration when taking Solu-cortef *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Macular degeneration when taking Solu-cortef *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Solu-cortef *:
- Ventolin: 2 people, 100.00%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 2 people, 100.00%
- Alprazolam: 2 people, 100.00%
- Azathioprine: 2 people, 100.00%
- Claritin: 2 people, 100.00%
- Flovent: 2 people, 100.00%
- Vagifem: 2 people, 100.00%
- Folic Acid: 2 people, 100.00%
- Pentasa: 2 people, 100.00%
- Questran: 2 people, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Macular degeneration *:
- Rashes (redness): 2 people, 100.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 2 people, 100.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Solu-cortef and have Macular degeneration?Check whether Macular degeneration is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Macular degeneration and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of hydrocortisone sodium succinate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Solu-cortef:
- Solu-cortef (6,388 reports)
Common Solu-cortef side effects:
- Fever: 599 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 496 reports
- Rashes (redness): 469 reports
- High blood pressure: 467 reports
- Pneumonia: 457 reports
- Diarrhea: 456 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 450 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 370 reports
Browse all side effects of Solu-cortef:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Macular degeneration treatments and more:
- Macular degeneration (22,825 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Macular degeneration:
- Macular degeneration in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Macular degeneration in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Macular degeneration in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Macular degeneration:
- Humira: 1,279 reports
- Prednisone: 1,160 reports
- Aspirin: 880 reports
- Vitamin d: 801 reports
- Alprazolam: 774 reports
- Valsartan: 761 reports
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 747 reports
- Zide: 747 reports
- Diphen: 738 reports
- Metronidazole: 720 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Macular degeneration:
- Macular degeneration (1,878 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Macular degeneration:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 886 reports
- Osteoporosis: 746 reports
- Crohn's disease: 706 reports
- High blood pressure: 655 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 584 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 520 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 492 reports
- Diabetes: 427 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Macular degeneration:
- Macular degeneration (1,282 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on hydrocortisone sodium succinate (the active ingredients of Solu-cortef) and Solu-cortef (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Clobex and Prezista drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Infertility and Rash Pruritic - 3 seconds ago
- Niaspan and Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate Increased - 12 seconds ago
- Acetylsalicylic Acid and Application Site Discoloration - 16 seconds ago
- Caverject and Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow - 21 seconds ago
- Diprosone and Arthrotec drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Alfuzosin Hydrochloride and Abdominal Pain Aggravated - 37 seconds ago
- Vanceril and Enlarged Heart - 48 seconds ago
- Advair Diskus 100/50 and Purinethol drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Granisetron Hydrochloride and Gingivitis - 52 seconds ago