Solu-medrol and Dry eye syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dry eye syndrome is found among people who take Solu-medrol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Solu-medrol and have Dry eye syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,159 people who have side effects when taking Solu-medrol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
30,159 people reported to have side effects when taking Solu-medrol.
Among them, 8 people (0.03%) have Dry eye syndrome.
What is Solu-medrol?
Solu-medrol has active ingredients of methylprednisolone sodium succinate. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. eHealthMe is studying from 30,302 Solu-medrol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dry eye syndrome?
Dry eye syndrome is found to be associated with 879 drugs and 613 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Solu-medrol and Dry eye syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dry eye syndrome when taking Solu-medrol *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Dry eye syndrome when taking Solu-medrol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Solu-medrol *:
- Lexapro: 5 people, 62.50%
- Moxifloxacin: 5 people, 62.50%
- Celebrex: 5 people, 62.50%
- Methylprednisolone: 5 people, 62.50%
- Lunesta: 5 people, 62.50%
- Lovaza: 5 people, 62.50%
- Loratadine: 5 people, 62.50%
- Zometa: 5 people, 62.50%
- Levaquin: 5 people, 62.50%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 5 people, 62.50%
Common side effects people have besides Dry eye syndrome *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 75.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 75.00%
- Periodontitis (inflammation of the tissue around the teeth): 6 people, 75.00%
- Cough: 6 people, 75.00%
- Fever: 6 people, 75.00%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 6 people, 75.00%
- Dry Mouth: 6 people, 75.00%
- Depression: 6 people, 75.00%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 6 people, 75.00%
- Malignant Pleural Effusion (a condition in which cancer causes an abnormal amount of fluid to collect between the thin layers of tissue lining of lung): 5 people, 62.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 5 people, 62.50%
- Breast Cancer: 5 people, 62.50%
- Bone Cancer Metastatic: 5 people, 62.50%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 4 people, 50.00%
- Abdominal Distension: 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Solu-medrol and have Dry eye syndrome?Check whether Dry eye syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dry eye syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methylprednisolone sodium succinate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Solu-medrol:
- Solu-medrol (30,302 reports)
Common Solu-medrol side effects:
Browse all side effects of Solu-medrol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dry eye syndrome treatments and more:
- Dry eye syndrome (1,395 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dry eye syndrome:
- Dry eye syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dry eye syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dry eye syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Dry eye syndrome:
- Dry eye syndrome (879 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dry eye syndrome:
- Dry eye syndrome (613 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methylprednisolone sodium succinate (the active ingredients of Solu-medrol) and Solu-medrol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zinc Sulfate and Sinus Bradycardia - 3 seconds ago
- Tavist and Tagamet drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Hypovitaminosis and Eye Disorder - 7 seconds ago
- Synagis and Naloxone drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Vicoprofen and Diarrhea Aggravated - 15 seconds ago
- Zolmitriptan and Itching - 16 seconds ago
- Iopamidol-300 and Decadron drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Terazosin Hydrochloride and Lipids Abnormal - 26 seconds ago
- Eskalith and Restoril drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Sevoflurane and Pain - 46 seconds ago