Soma and Facial pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Facial pain is found among people who take Soma, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Soma and have Facial pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,267 people who have side effects when taking Soma from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,267 people reported to have side effects when taking Soma.
Among them, 45 people (0.29%) have Facial pain.
What is Soma?
Soma has active ingredients of carisoprodol. It is often used in muscle spasms. eHealthMe is studying from 16,749 Soma users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Facial pain?
Facial pain is found to be associated with 2,018 drugs and 1,323 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Soma and Facial pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Soma when people have Facial pain *:
- < 1 month: 75 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 25 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Facial pain when taking Soma *:
- female: 93.02 %
- male: 6.98 %
Age of people who have Facial pain when taking Soma *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 10.26 %
- 30-39: 12.82 %
- 40-49: 12.82 %
- 50-59: 61.54 %
- 60+: 2.56 %
Common drugs people take besides Soma *:
- Xanax: 27 people, 60.00%
- Neurontin: 26 people, 57.78%
- Valium: 25 people, 55.56%
- Ativan: 23 people, 51.11%
- Zometa: 22 people, 48.89%
- Aredia: 21 people, 46.67%
- Zithromax: 20 people, 44.44%
- Naproxen: 18 people, 40.00%
- Celexa: 18 people, 40.00%
- Colace: 18 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Facial pain *:
- Depression: 32 people, 71.11%
- Injury: 30 people, 66.67%
- Weakness: 29 people, 64.44%
- Stress And Anxiety: 28 people, 62.22%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 24 people, 53.33%
- Cough: 24 people, 53.33%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 24 people, 53.33%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 24 people, 53.33%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 22 people, 48.89%
- Rashes (redness): 22 people, 48.89%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 17 people, 37.78%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 7 people, 15.56%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 4 people, 8.89%
- Depression: 4 people, 8.89%
- Migraine (headache): 4 people, 8.89%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 3 people, 6.67%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 3 people, 6.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 4.44%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 4.44%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 4.44%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Soma and have Facial pain?Check whether Facial pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Facial pain and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of carisoprodol:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Soma:
- Soma (16,749 reports)
Common Soma side effects:
Browse all side effects of Soma:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Facial pain treatments and more:
- Facial pain (9,931 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Facial pain:
- Facial pain in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Facial pain in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Facial pain in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Facial pain:
All the drugs that are associated with Facial pain:
- Facial pain (2,018 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Facial pain:
All the conditions that are associated with Facial pain:
- Facial pain (1,323 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on carisoprodol (the active ingredients of Soma) and Soma (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Haemodynamic Test Abnormal and moderna covid vaccine - 5 seconds ago
- Verapamil Hydrochloride and Zopiclone drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Metastases To Lymph Nodes - 14 seconds ago
- High Blood Pressure and Gastroenteritis Norovirus - 34 seconds ago
- Eliquis and Urinary Bladder Haemorrhage - 51 seconds ago
- Azelastine Hydrochloride and Furosemide drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Emla and Regular Insulin drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Citalopram Hydrobromide and Colchicine drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Periactin and Abnormal Behavior - 59 seconds ago
- Depressive Symptom and Convulsion - a minute ago