Soma and Haematocrit decreased - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 15,486 people who have side effects when taking Soma. Haematocrit decreased is found, especially among people who are female, 50-59 old, also take Celebrex and have Convulsion.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Soma and have Haematocrit decreased. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,486 people reported to have side effects when taking Soma.
Among them, 60 people (0.39%) have Haematocrit decreased.
What is Soma?
Soma has active ingredients of carisoprodol. It is used in muscle spasms. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 16,986 Soma users.
What is Haematocrit decreased?
Haematocrit decreased is found to be associated with 2,771 drugs and 2,251 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 33,022 people who have Haematocrit decreased.
Number of Soma and Haematocrit decreased reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Haematocrit decreased when taking Soma *:
- female: 58.33 %
- male: 41.67 %
Age of people who have Haematocrit decreased when taking Soma *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.72 %
- 30-39: 13.79 %
- 40-49: 31.03 %
- 50-59: 36.21 %
- 60+: 17.24 %
Common drugs people take besides Soma *:
- Celebrex: 18 people, 30.00%
- Ambien: 16 people, 26.67%
- Ibuprofen: 16 people, 26.67%
- Vicodin: 13 people, 21.67%
- Zometa: 12 people, 20.00%
- Levaquin: 12 people, 20.00%
- Zofran: 11 people, 18.33%
- Roxanol: 11 people, 18.33%
- Colace: 11 people, 18.33%
- Sutent: 11 people, 18.33%
Common side effects people have besides Haematocrit decreased *:
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 41 people, 68.33%
- Depression: 26 people, 43.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 25 people, 41.67%
- Stress And Anxiety: 24 people, 40.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 24 people, 40.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 21 people, 35.00%
- Weight Decreased: 20 people, 33.33%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 20 people, 33.33%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 19 people, 31.67%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 19 people, 31.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma (spreadable kidney cell tumour): 11 people, 18.33%
- Bone Density Decreased: 11 people, 18.33%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 11 people, 18.33%
- Hepatitis C: 6 people, 10.00%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 4 people, 6.67%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 4 people, 6.67%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 4 people, 6.67%
- Depression: 3 people, 5.00%
- Hereditary Neuropathic Amyloidosis (hereditary- diseases resulting from abnormal deposition of certain proteins (amyloid) in various bodily areas by problems with signals from the nerves): 2 people, 3.33%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 3.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Soma and have Haematocrit decreased?Check whether Haematocrit decreased is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Soma side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Soma side effects (16,986 reports)
Haematocrit decreased treatments and more:
- Haematocrit decreased (33,022 reports)
Common drugs associated with Haematocrit decreased:
- Aspirin: 2,353 reports
- Prednisone: 2,340 reports
- Lasix: 1,583 reports
- Furosemide: 1,234 reports
- Pantoprazole: 1,184 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 1,164 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,136 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,084 reports
- Allopurinol: 1,076 reports
- Coumadin: 1,068 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Haematocrit decreased:
- Haematocrit decreased (2,771 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Haematocrit decreased:
- High blood pressure: 1,409 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 996 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 866 reports
- Pain: 847 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Haematocrit decreased:
- Haematocrit decreased (2,251 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on carisoprodol (the active ingredients of Soma) and Soma (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lumigan and High Blood Pressure - 5 seconds ago
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate and Acetaminophen And Hydrocodone Bitartrate drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine and Heart Rate Decreased - 20 seconds ago
- Linezolid and Cosyntropin drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Lorcet-Hd and Kidney Stones - 34 seconds ago
- Lexapro and Fistula Discharge - 47 seconds ago
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Konakion drug interaction - 56 seconds ago
- Prednisolone and Theophylline-Sr drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Kadian and Nasopharyngitis - a minute ago
- Tizanidine Hydrochloride and Nosebleed - a minute ago