Who have Hairloss with Sotret - from FDA reports
Hairloss is found among people who take Sotret, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Accutane, and have Acne cystic. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,399 people who have side effects when taking Sotret from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
2,399 people reported to have side effects when taking Sotret.
Among them, 48 people (2.0%) have Hairloss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Sotret when people have Hairloss *:
- < 1 month: 8 %
- 1 - 6 months: 76 %
- 6 - 12 months: 8 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hairloss when taking Sotret *:
- female: 53.85 %
- male: 46.15 %
Age of people who have Hairloss when taking Sotret *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 20.0 %
- 20-29: 60.0 %
- 30-39: 6.67 %
- 40-49: 10.0 %
- 50-59: 3.33 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Dermatitis Exfoliative (widespread scaling of the skin, often with itching (pruritus), skin redness (erythroderma), and hair loss): 1 person, 2.08%
- Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus (own immune system attacks various cells causing a wide variety of signs and symptoms): 1 person, 2.08%
- Acne Cystic (skin problems that cause pimples): 1 person, 2.08%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Accutane: 13 people, 27.08%
- Amnesteem: 11 people, 22.92%
- E-Mycin: 8 people, 16.67%
- Aldactone: 8 people, 16.67%
- Retin-A: 8 people, 16.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression: 17 people, 35.42%
- Dry Skin: 16 people, 33.33%
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 14 people, 29.17%
- Rashes (redness): 11 people, 22.92%
- Oral Herpes (viral infection of mouth): 10 people, 20.83%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hairloss while taking Sotret?
You are not alone:
Sotret has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Sotret 2,447 users)
Hairloss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, breast cancer, breast cancer female, high blood pressure (latest reports from 127,866 Hairloss patients).
Drugs that are associated with HairlossHairloss (3,113 drugs)
Could your condition cause HairlossHairloss (2,884 conditions)
Sotret side effects
- Sotret side effects (2,399 reports)
Browse all side effects of Sotreta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Alesse and Xanax drug interaction - now
- Will you have Faecaloma with Glyburide? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain In Jaw with Vivelle-Dot? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Malaria with Paracetamol? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Tertian Malaria with Paracetamol? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 4 year old boy who takes Singulair - 45 minutes ago
- Prediction of Wellbutrin Sr, Otezla, Plaquenil, Dexedrine, Zopiclone, Xyrem for a 28 year old man - 56 minutes ago
- A study for a 28 year old man who takes Xyrem - an hour ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Lipitor, Norvasc, Oxybutynin, Omeprazole - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Eliquis for a 74 year old man - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.