Will you have Hairloss with Sotret - from FDA reports
Hairloss is found among people who take Sotret, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Accutane, and have Acne cystic. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,530 people who have side effects when taking Sotret from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on isotretinoin (the active ingredients of Sotret) and Sotret (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Hairloss are also considered in the study.
What is Sotret?
Sotret has active ingredients of isotretinoin. It is often used in acne. (latest outcomes from Sotret 2,578 users)
What is Hairloss?
Hairloss has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, breast cancer, breast cancer female, high blood pressure (latest reports from 136,892 Hairloss patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
2,530 people reported to have side effects when taking Sotret.
Among them, 50 people (1.98%) have Hairloss
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Sotret when people have Hairloss *:
- < 1 month: 3.85 %
- 1 - 6 months: 84.62 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.54 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hairloss when taking Sotret *:
- female: 53.66 %
- male: 46.34 %
Age of people who have Hairloss when taking Sotret *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 18.75 %
- 20-29: 56.25 %
- 30-39: 9.38 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 3.12 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding: 1 person, 2.00%
- Dermatitis Exfoliative (widespread scaling of the skin, often with itching (pruritus), skin redness (erythroderma), and hair loss): 1 person, 2.00%
- Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus (own immune system attacks various cells causing a wide variety of signs and symptoms): 1 person, 2.00%
- Acne Cystic (skin problems that cause pimples): 1 person, 2.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Accutane: 13 people, 26.00%
- Amnesteem: 11 people, 22.00%
- Minocin: 8 people, 16.00%
- Aldactone: 8 people, 16.00%
- Retin-A: 8 people, 16.00%
- E-Mycin: 8 people, 16.00%
- Cleocin T: 5 people, 10.00%
- Zenatane: 2 people, 4.00%
- Lymecycline: 1 person, 2.00%
- Vitamin E: 1 person, 2.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression: 17 people, 34.00%
- Dry Skin: 16 people, 32.00%
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: 14 people, 28.00%
- Rashes (redness): 11 people, 22.00%
- Oral Herpes (viral infection of mouth): 10 people, 20.00%
- Cheilitis (infection of lips): 9 people, 18.00%
- Xerosis (abnormal dryness of the skin or mucus membranes): 8 people, 16.00%
- Intestinal Obstruction: 8 people, 16.00%
- Neck Injury: 8 people, 16.00%
- Sunburn: 8 people, 16.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Hairloss while taking Sotret?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hairloss
- Subscribe to monitor Hairloss in Sotret
- Subscribe to monitor Sotret
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Sotret and have Hairloss
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ersoy MA, Ersoy HT, "Manic symptoms associated with isotretinoin and methylphenidate combination: a case report", Klinik Psikofarmakoloji Bülteni-Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology, 2014 Sep .
Drugs that are associated with HairlossHairloss (3,131 drugs)
Could your condition cause HairlossHairloss (2,888 conditions)
Sotret side effects
- Sotret side effects (2,530 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Sotreta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Sotret with similar drugs
- Sotret vs. Acanya
- Sotret vs. Aczone
- Sotret vs. Adapalene
- Sotret vs. Aldactone
- Sotret vs. Amoxicillin
- Sotret vs. Ampicillin trihydrate
- Sotret vs. Atralin
- Sotret vs. Azithromycin
- Sotret vs. Bactrim
- Sotret vs. Bactrim ds
- Sotret vs. Benzaclin
- Sotret vs. Benzamycin
- Sotret vs. Cefadroxil
- Sotret vs. Cefuroxime axetil
- Sotret vs. Cephalexin
- Sotret vs. Clindamycin hydrochloride
- Sotret vs. Clindamycin phosphate
- Sotret vs. Differin
- Sotret vs. Doryx
- Sotret vs. Doxy 100
- Sotret vs. Doxycycline
- Sotret vs. Doxycycline hyclate
- Sotret vs. Duac
- Sotret vs. Epiduo
- Sotret vs. Erythromycin
- Sotret vs. Erythromycin and benzoyl peroxide
- Sotret vs. Erythromycin stearate
- Sotret vs. Finacea
- Sotret vs. Fish oil
- Sotret vs. Fluconazole
- Sotret vs. Keflex
- Sotret vs. Loestrin 24 fe
- Sotret vs. Minocin
- Sotret vs. Minocycline hydrochloride
- Sotret vs. Monodox
- Sotret vs. Oracea
- Sotret vs. Ortho tri-cyclen
- Sotret vs. Ortho tri-cyclen lo
- Sotret vs. Oxytetracycline hydrochloride
- Sotret vs. Retin-a
- Sotret vs. Retin-a micro
- Sotret vs. Septra ds
- Sotret vs. Solodyn
- Sotret vs. Spironolactone
- Sotret vs. Sprintec
- Sotret vs. Sulfacetamide sodium
- Sotret vs. Sulfamethoxazole
- Sotret vs. Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
- Sotret vs. Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim double strength
- Sotret vs. Tazorac
- Sotret vs. Tetracycline hydrochloride
- Sotret vs. Tretinoin
- Sotret vs. Trimethoprim
- Sotret vs. Tri-sprintec
- Sotret vs. Vibramycin
- Sotret vs. Vitamin a
- Sotret vs. Yasmin
- Sotret vs. Yaz
- Sotret vs. Ziana
- Sotret vs. Zinc sulfate
- Sotret vs. Zithromax
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Hyperthyroidism with Eliquis? - now
- Will you have Overactive Thyroid with Eliquis? - now
- Will you have Hyperthyroid with Eliquis? - now
- Will you have Thyrotoxicosis with Eliquis? - now
- Ibu and Latanoprost drug interaction - now
- Will you have Abdominal Sounds with Abilify Maintena Kit? - 3 seconds ago
- Sporanox and Butrans drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Methenamine Hippurate and Methadone Hydrochloride drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide and Zanaflex drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Adherent Leucoma with Depo-Provera? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 5 year old boy who takes Strattera - 22 minutes ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Risperidone - 38 minutes ago
- A study for a 82 year old man who takes Losartan - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Augmentin '875' - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Gabapentin - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 76 year old man who takes Myrbetriq - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 80 year old man who takes Xarelto - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Clonidine, Bystolic, Lisinopril - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Phenytoin, Vitamin D3, Inderal, Vitamin B12, Magnesium, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Keppra - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Apple Cider Vinegar, Fish Oil - 8 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.