Sovaldi and Rales - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Rales is reported only by a few people who take Sovaldi.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Sovaldi and have Rales. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 12,619 people who have side effects while taking Sovaldi from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
12,619 people reported to have side effects when taking Sovaldi.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Rales.
What is Sovaldi?
Sovaldi has active ingredients of sofosbuvir. eHealthMe is studying from 12,635 Sovaldi users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Rales?
Rales (an abnormal respiratory sound characterized by fine crackles) is found to be associated with 1,636 drugs and 934 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Sovaldi and Rales reports submitted per year:
Time on Sovaldi when people have Rales *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Rales when taking Sovaldi *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Rales when taking Sovaldi *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Sovaldi *:
- Daklinza: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Rales *:
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Urine Odor Abnormal: 1 person, 50.00%
- Renal Disorder (kidney disease): 1 person, 50.00%
- Purulent Discharge (discharge that contains pus): 1 person, 50.00%
- Pulse Pressure Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis (lungs tuberculosis): 1 person, 50.00%
- Pollakiuria (abnormally frequent passage of relatively small quantities or urine): 1 person, 50.00%
- Mucosal Inflammation (infection of mucous membrane): 1 person, 50.00%
- Lung Abscess (pus in lungs): 1 person, 50.00%
- Glomerular Filtration Rate Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hepatitis C: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Sovaldi and have Rales?Check whether Rales is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Rales and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of sofosbuvir:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Sovaldi:
- Sovaldi (12,635 reports)
Common Sovaldi side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,691 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,288 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,134 reports
- Hepatitis c: 963 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 663 reports
- Rashes (redness): 515 reports
- Weakness: 440 reports
Browse all side effects of Sovaldi:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Rales treatments and more:
- Rales (7,995 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Rales:
- Rales in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Rales in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Rales in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Rales:
- Prednisone: 1,145 reports
- Xolair: 784 reports
- Furosemide: 745 reports
- Singulair: 627 reports
- Aspirin: 625 reports
- Spiriva: 600 reports
- Lasix: 504 reports
- Metformin: 475 reports
- Symbicort: 451 reports
- Advair hfa: 439 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Rales:
- Rales (1,636 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Rales:
- Asthma: 989 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 458 reports
- High blood pressure: 444 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 321 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 194 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Rales:
- Rales (934 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sofosbuvir (the active ingredients of Sovaldi) and Sovaldi (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lisinopril and Valdoxan drug interaction - now
- Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide and Tussionex Pennkinetic drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Spironolactone and Allegra Allergy drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Kynmobi drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Luvox and Vanceril drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Ribasphere drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Lidocaine Hydrochloride and Carpine drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Mycophenolic Acid and Lisinopril drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Digoxin and Sarcoidosis - 35 seconds ago
- Levocarnitine and Nalbuphine drug interaction - 39 seconds ago