Spiriva respimat and Rickets - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 8,448 people who have side effects when taking Spiriva respimat. Rickets is found, especially among people who are male, 30-39 old, also take Singulair and have Arrhythmias.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Spiriva respimat and have Rickets. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,448 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva respimat.
Among them, 10 people (0.12%) have Rickets.
What is Spiriva respimat?
Spiriva respimat has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide. It is used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 8,577 Spiriva respimat users.
What is Rickets?
Rickets (softening of bones) is found to be associated with 2,104 drugs and 1,412 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 28,848 people who have Rickets.
Number of Spiriva respimat and Rickets reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Rickets when taking Spiriva respimat *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Rickets when taking Spiriva respimat *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 66.67 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Spiriva respimat *:
- Symbicort: 7 people, 70.00%
- Singulair: 7 people, 70.00%
- Nucala: 6 people, 60.00%
- Vitamin D3: 1 person, 10.00%
- Lorazepam: 1 person, 10.00%
- Albuterol Sulfate: 1 person, 10.00%
- Aleve: 1 person, 10.00%
- Alprazolam: 1 person, 10.00%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 10.00%
- Crestor: 1 person, 10.00%
Common side effects people have besides Rickets *:
- Cough: 7 people, 70.00%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 6 people, 60.00%
- Rashes (redness): 6 people, 60.00%
- Eosinophil Count Increased: 6 people, 60.00%
- Dermatitis Atopic (inflammatory, chronically relapsing, non-contagious and pruritic skin disorder): 6 people, 60.00%
- Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels): 6 people, 60.00%
- Papule: 6 people, 60.00%
- Pneumonia: 6 people, 60.00%
- Food Allergy: 6 people, 60.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 60.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 10.00%
- Limb Discomfort (discomfort in leg): 1 person, 10.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 10.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 1 person, 10.00%
- Emphysema (chronic respiratory disease - over inflation of the air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs): 1 person, 10.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 10.00%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 1 person, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Spiriva respimat and have Rickets?Check whether Rickets is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Spiriva respimat side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Spiriva respimat side effects (8,577 reports)
Rickets treatments and more:
- Rickets (28,848 reports)
Common drugs associated with Rickets:
- Fosamax: 2,836 reports
- Truvada: 1,224 reports
- Alendronate sodium: 1,178 reports
- Vitamin d: 900 reports
- Aspirin: 820 reports
- Prednisone: 697 reports
- Vitamins: 685 reports
- Humira: 665 reports
- Nexium: 652 reports
- Omeprazole: 614 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Rickets:
- Rickets (2,104 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Rickets:
- Osteoporosis: 2,581 reports
- Hiv infection: 1,064 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 947 reports
- High blood pressure: 792 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 719 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 669 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Rickets:
- Rickets (1,412 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tiotropium bromide (the active ingredients of Spiriva respimat) and Spiriva respimat (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fluphenazine and Sodium Chloride drug interaction - now
- Myobloc and Tramadol drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Nifedipine and Temaz drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Duramorph and Sprintec drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Evista and Photophobia - 9 seconds ago
- Estrogenic Substance and Lopurin drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Meloxicam and Dyspnea Exertional - 38 seconds ago
- Clopra and Phyllocontin drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Clexane and Minipress drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Prilosec and Allergic Rhinitis - 51 seconds ago