Spiriva and Breathing difficulty - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Breathing difficulty is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Spiriva and have Breathing difficulty. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 144,983 people who have side effects when taking Spiriva from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
144,983 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva.
Among them, 25,479 people (17.57%) have Breathing difficulty.
What is Spiriva?
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. eHealthMe is studying from 146,208 Spiriva users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Breathing difficulty?
Breathing difficulty is found to be associated with 4,950 drugs and 5,887 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Spiriva and Breathing difficulty reports submitted per year:
Time on Spiriva when people have Breathing difficulty *:
Gender of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Spiriva*:
Age of people who have Breathing difficulty when taking Spiriva *:
Common drugs people take besides Spiriva *:
Common side effects people have besides Breathing difficulty *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Spiriva and have Breathing difficulty?Check whether Breathing difficulty is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Breathing difficulty and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Spiriva:
- Spiriva (146,208 reports)
Common Spiriva side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 25,652 reports
- Asthma: 11,243 reports
- Drug ineffective: 10,817 reports
- Pneumonia: 10,091 reports
- Cough: 9,912 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 7,121 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 6,940 reports
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 6,923 reports
Browse all side effects of Spiriva:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Breathing difficulty treatments and more:
- Breathing difficulty (579,765 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Breathing difficulty in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Breathing difficulty in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Prednisone: 37,839 reports
- Aspirin: 30,142 reports
- Spiriva: 25,479 reports
- Symbicort: 20,576 reports
- Furosemide: 19,428 reports
- Omeprazole: 18,194 reports
- Albuterol: 17,779 reports
- Methotrexate: 17,095 reports
- Lasix: 16,702 reports
- Metformin: 16,584 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (4,950 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Asthma: 40,041 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 34,524 reports
- High blood pressure: 26,686 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 25,046 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 24,688 reports
- Pain: 15,402 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Breathing difficulty:
- Breathing difficulty (5,887 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tiotropium bromide monohydrate (the active ingredients of Spiriva) and Spiriva (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Amenorrhea - Primary in Clonazepam, how severe and when it was recovered? - 7 seconds ago
- Hydrochlorothiazide and Synjardy drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Invega Trinza and Zolpidem drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Kombiglyze Xr and Influenza Like Illness - 35 seconds ago
- Desogestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol and Arrhythmias - a minute ago
- Trigeminal Neuralgia and drugs of ingredients of zolpidem tartrate - a minute ago
- Hydrocortisone Sodium Succinate and Respiratory Depression - a minute ago
- Lovaza and Farxiga drug interaction - a minute ago
- Tinnitus and Osteoarthritis - a minute ago
- Hydroxyzine and Imodium A-D drug interaction - a minute ago