Will you have Hyperchlorhydria with Spiriva - from FDA reports
Hyperchlorhydria is found among people who take Spiriva, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ventolin, and have Sleep disorder. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 114,157 people who have side effects when taking Spiriva from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on tiotropium bromide monohydrate (the active ingredients of Spiriva) and Spiriva (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Hyperchlorhydria are also considered in the study.
What is Spiriva?
Spiriva has active ingredients of tiotropium bromide monohydrate. It is often used in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. (latest outcomes from Spiriva 115,245 users)
What is Hyperchlorhydria?
Hyperchlorhydria (gastric acid levels are higher in stomach) has been reported by people with gastroesophageal reflux disease, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 5,742 Hyperchlorhydria patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
114,157 people reported to have side effects when taking Spiriva.
Among them, 16 people (0.01%) have Hyperchlorhydria
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Spiriva when people have Hyperchlorhydria *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hyperchlorhydria when taking Spiriva *:
- female: 46.67 %
- male: 53.33 %
Age of people who have Hyperchlorhydria when taking Spiriva *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 41.67 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 41.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 3 people, 18.75%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 18.75%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 3 people, 18.75%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 18.75%
- Itching: 3 people, 18.75%
- Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 18.75%
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 18.75%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 6.25%
- Depression: 1 person, 6.25%
- Barrett's Oesophagus (barrett's oesophagus is a disorder in which the lining of the oesophagus (the tube that carries food from the throat to the stomach) is damaged by stomach acid and changed to a lining similar to that of the stomach): 1 person, 6.25%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Singulair: 6 people, 37.50%
- Ventolin: 6 people, 37.50%
- Nexium: 5 people, 31.25%
- Protonix: 4 people, 25.00%
- Flexeril: 4 people, 25.00%
- Epipen: 4 people, 25.00%
- Zyrtec: 3 people, 18.75%
- Mevacor: 3 people, 18.75%
- Lisinopril: 3 people, 18.75%
- Zofran: 3 people, 18.75%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 6 people, 37.50%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 37.50%
- Breathing Difficulty: 5 people, 31.25%
- Hoarseness Or Changing Voice: 5 people, 31.25%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 5 people, 31.25%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 4 people, 25.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 4 people, 25.00%
- Drug Hypersensitivity: 4 people, 25.00%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 3 people, 18.75%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 3 people, 18.75%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Hyperchlorhydria while taking Spiriva?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hyperchlorhydria
- Subscribe to monitor Hyperchlorhydria in Spiriva
- Subscribe to monitor Spiriva
You are not alone, use our "Ginger Health" app to:
- connect with people like you who take Spiriva and have Hyperchlorhydria
- use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with HyperchlorhydriaHyperchlorhydria (491 drugs)
Could your condition cause HyperchlorhydriaHyperchlorhydria (353 conditions)
Spiriva side effects
- Spiriva side effects (114,199 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Spirivaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Waist Circumference Increased with Thorazine? - a second ago
- Will you have Ear Infection - Outer Ear - Chronic with Monopril? - a second ago
- Lyrica and Pagla-Ka-Dawa drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Flexeril and Jantoven drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Phragmites and British Indian Lemongrass drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Potassium - Low with Cenestin? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Low Blood Potassium with Cenestin? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Hypopotassemia with Cenestin? - 3 seconds ago
- Tetracycline Hydrochloride and Cubicin drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Advil Pm and Mad Weed drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Letrozole - 25 minutes ago
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Remeron - 33 minutes ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Flomax - 38 minutes ago
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Iron Dextran, Miralax - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Miralax - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Sustanon - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Lamictal, Testosterone - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 32 year old man who takes Lamictal - 12 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old woman who takes Magnesium Carbonate - 13 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Topiramate - 13 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.