Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide and Kidney failure - from FDA reports
Kidney failure is reported only by a few people who take Spironolactone And Hydrochlorothiazide. We study 164 people who have side effects while taking Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide from FDA. Among them, 5 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
164 people reported to have side effects when taking Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide.
Among them, 5 people (3.05%) have Kidney failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 20.00%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 1 person, 20.00%
- Mitral Valve Replacement: 1 person, 20.00%
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom): 1 person, 20.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Trasylol: 2 people, 40.00%
- Nitroglycerin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Heparin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Warfarin Sodium: 1 person, 20.00%
- Carvedilol: 1 person, 20.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 40.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 40.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 40.00%
- Injury: 2 people, 40.00%
- Emotional Distress: 2 people, 40.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Kidney failure while taking Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Kidney failure
- Subscribe to monitor Kidney failure in Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide and have Kidney failure
Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide
Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; spironolactone. It is often used in swelling. (latest outcomes from Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide 179 users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, diabetes, coronary artery bypass, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 100,462 Kidney failure patients).
Drugs that are associated with Kidney failureKidney failure (2,913 drugs)
Could your condition cause Kidney failureKidney failure (3,037 conditions)
Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide side effects
- Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide side effects (164 reports)
Browse all side effects of Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazidea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Cilostazol and Quetiapine Fumarate drug interaction - now
- Will you have Herpes Simplex - Genital with Garcinia Cambogia? - 2 seconds ago
- Prepopik and Magnesium drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Rabbit Fever, Pahvant Valley Plague, Ohara Disease, Yatobyo (Japan), Lemming Fever with Clindamycin Hydrochloride? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Salivary Hypersecretion with Darifenacin Hydrobromide? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Drug comparison of Sulfasalazine, Actemra for a 47 year old woman - 43 minutes ago
- A study for a 47 year old woman who takes Sulfasalazine, Actemra - 49 minutes ago
- A study for a 55 year old woman who takes Cosentyx - an hour ago
- A study for a 19 year old girl who takes Humira - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old man who takes Sertraline, Prilosec - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.