Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide and Kidney failure - from FDA reports
Kidney failure is reported only by a few people who take Spironolactone And Hydrochlorothiazide. We study 136 people who have side effects while taking Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide from FDA. Among them, 4 have Kidney failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Kidney failure and more.
136 people reported to have side effects when taking Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide.
Among them, 4 people (2.94%) have Kidney failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 25.00%
- Mitral Valve Replacement: 1 person, 25.00%
- Dementia Alzheimer's Type (loss of mental ability with alzheimer's symptom): 1 person, 25.00%
- Back Pain: 1 person, 25.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 25.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Trasylol: 2 people, 50.00%
- Nitroglycerin: 2 people, 50.00%
- Heparin: 2 people, 50.00%
- Warfarin Sodium: 1 person, 25.00%
- Bumex: 1 person, 25.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 50.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 50.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 50.00%
- Injury: 2 people, 50.00%
- Emotional Distress: 2 people, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Kidney failure in Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide
- Subscribe to monitor Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Kidney failure
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide
Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; spironolactone. It is often used in swelling. (latest outcomes from Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide 151 users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 87,302 Kidney failure patients).
Drugs that are associated with Kidney failureKidney failure (1,770 drugs)
Could your condition cause Kidney failureKidney failure (3,032 conditions)
Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide side effects
- Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazide side effects (136 reports)
Browse all side effects of Spironolactone and hydrochlorothiazidea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Spironolactone And Hydrochlorothiazide and have Kidney Failure
- Support group for people who have Kidney Failure
- Support group for people who take Spironolactone And Hydrochlorothiazide
You may be interested in these posts
- 78 year old male who used Androgel since 2000
- A few days ago, I was told I have high blood pressure and stage 4 kidney disease. The Mediterranean diet was suggested but I find that foods good for blood pressure are bad for kidneys. I take l'theanine occassionally and hope it is not going to be bad for my kidneys. Has anyone been told to...
- I’m Carol, 75 yrs old. I’ve taken Valtrex daily to prevent fever blisters for about 15 years. I was diagnosed with stage 4 kidney failure 18 months ago. I stumbled on the info about Valtrex and kidney failure by accident one week ago. My doctor refuses to comment on the connection! She told...
- I've been on Contrave for 6months now. For past week, I have been feeling pain on right side towards the baxke. I'm thinking it's my kidney. Any ideas
- I’ve been on IBrance 125 mg. Been on it now about 5 months. Having labs that Dr. Is not happy with. Well have a ultrasound next Wednesday May 2018. Has anyone else had any problems. Thanks
- Will you have Post Procedural Complication with Avastin?
- Olmetec and Enbrel drug interaction
- Will you have Giardia with Metformin?
- Will you have Drug Screen False Positive with Vitamins?
- Will you have Heart Palpitations with Aloxi?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Avastin and have Post Procedural Complication?
- Support group for people who take Olmetec and Enbrel
- Support group for people who take Metformin and have Giardia?
- Support group for people who take Vitamins and have Drug Screen False Positive?
- Support group for people who take Aloxi and have Heart Palpitations?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.