Spironolactone and Hypersensitivity pneumonitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 110,029 people who have side effects when taking Spironolactone. Hypersensitivity pneumonitis is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Nucala and have Asthma.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Spironolactone and have Hypersensitivity pneumonitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
110,029 people reported to have side effects when taking Spironolactone.
Among them, 13 people (0.01%) have Hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
What is Spironolactone?
Spironolactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is used in acne. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 113,624 Spironolactone users.
What is Hypersensitivity pneumonitis?
Hypersensitivity pneumonitis is found to be associated with 386 drugs and 210 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 988 people who have Hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
Number of Spironolactone and Hypersensitivity pneumonitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Spironolactone when people have Hypersensitivity pneumonitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypersensitivity pneumonitis when taking Spironolactone *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hypersensitivity pneumonitis when taking Spironolactone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Spironolactone *:
- Lasix: 8 people, 61.54%
- Singulair: 8 people, 61.54%
- Nucala: 8 people, 61.54%
- Albuterol: 2 people, 15.38%
- Albuterol Sulfate: 2 people, 15.38%
- Amlodipine: 2 people, 15.38%
- Budesonide: 2 people, 15.38%
- Clopidogrel: 2 people, 15.38%
- Cymbalta: 2 people, 15.38%
- Folic Acid: 2 people, 15.38%
Common side effects people have besides Hypersensitivity pneumonitis *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 12 people, 92.31%
- Weight Increased: 8 people, 61.54%
- Asthma: 8 people, 61.54%
- Rhonchi (abnormal breath sounds): 8 people, 61.54%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 8 people, 61.54%
- Crepitations (noises are produced by the rubbing of parts one against the other): 8 people, 61.54%
- Emotional Distress: 8 people, 61.54%
- Drug Ineffective: 7 people, 53.85%
- Blood Count Abnormal: 6 people, 46.15%
- Interstitial Lung Disease: 5 people, 38.46%
Common conditions people have *:
- Asthma: 8 people, 61.54%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 15.38%
- Primary Myelofibrosis (primary disorder of the bone marrow): 2 people, 15.38%
- Peripheral Arterial Occlusive Disease (reproducible ischemic muscle pain): 2 people, 15.38%
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (a group of conditions that occur when the blood-forming cells in the bone marrow are damaged): 2 people, 15.38%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 15.38%
- Hyperuricaemia (level of uric acid in the blood that is abnormally high): 2 people, 15.38%
- Hypertensive Heart Disease: 2 people, 15.38%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 15.38%
- Constipation: 2 people, 15.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Spironolactone and have Hypersensitivity pneumonitis?Check whether Hypersensitivity pneumonitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Spironolactone side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Spironolactone side effects (113,624 reports)
Hypersensitivity pneumonitis treatments and more:
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis (988 reports)
Common drugs associated with Hypersensitivity pneumonitis:
- Methotrexate: 116 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hypersensitivity pneumonitis:
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis (386 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Hypersensitivity pneumonitis:
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis (210 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on spironolactone (the active ingredients of Spironolactone) and Spironolactone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Elavil and Dymista drug interaction - a second ago
- Descovy and Acute Kidney Failure - 3 seconds ago
- Descovy and Renal Failure - Acute - 3 seconds ago
- Clopra and Previfem drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Accolate and Quinine Sulfate drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Palbociclib and Urinary Retention - 38 seconds ago
- Isosorbide Mononitrate and Prevpac drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Ceftriaxone and Consciousness - Decreased - 59 seconds ago
- Accolate and Ogen drug interaction - a minute ago
- Bentyl and Faecaloma - a minute ago