Spironolactone and Pituitary tumor - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pituitary tumor is found among people who take Spironolactone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Spironolactone and have Pituitary tumor. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 98,724 people who have side effects when taking Spironolactone from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
98,724 people reported to have side effects when taking Spironolactone.
Among them, 21 people (0.02%) have Pituitary tumor.
What is Spironolactone?
Spironolactone has active ingredients of spironolactone. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 101,935 Spironolactone users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pituitary tumor?
Pituitary tumor is found to be associated with 545 drugs and 292 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Spironolactone and Pituitary tumor reports submitted per year:
Time on Spironolactone when people have Pituitary tumor *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pituitary tumor when taking Spironolactone *:
- female: 88.89 %
- male: 11.11 %
Age of people who have Pituitary tumor when taking Spironolactone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 7.14 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 64.29 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Common drugs people take besides Spironolactone *:
- Amlodipine: 4 people, 19.05%
- Topamax: 4 people, 19.05%
- Xyrem: 3 people, 14.29%
- Horizant: 3 people, 14.29%
- Norvasc: 3 people, 14.29%
- Mirapex: 3 people, 14.29%
- Miralax: 3 people, 14.29%
- Medrol: 3 people, 14.29%
- Magnesium: 3 people, 14.29%
- Korlym: 3 people, 14.29%
Common side effects people have besides Pituitary tumor *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7 people, 33.33%
- Weight Increased: 6 people, 28.57%
- Memory Loss: 6 people, 28.57%
- Headache (pain in head): 6 people, 28.57%
- Pain: 4 people, 19.05%
- Ingrowing Nail: 4 people, 19.05%
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 4 people, 19.05%
- Fistula (an abnormal connection or passageway between two): 4 people, 19.05%
- Feeling Abnormal: 4 people, 19.05%
- Drug Ineffective: 4 people, 19.05%
Common conditions people have *:
- Diabetes: 4 people, 19.05%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 3 people, 14.29%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 3 people, 14.29%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 2 people, 9.52%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 9.52%
- Pituitary-Dependent Cushing's Syndrome (pituitary dependent hypercortisolism): 2 people, 9.52%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 2 people, 9.52%
- Asthma: 2 people, 9.52%
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable: 1 person, 4.76%
- Endometriosis (appearance of endometrial tissue outside the uterus and causing pelvic pain): 1 person, 4.76%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Spironolactone and have Pituitary tumor?Check whether Pituitary tumor is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Pituitary tumor and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of spironolactone:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Spironolactone:
- Spironolactone (101,935 reports)
Common Spironolactone side effects:
Browse all side effects of Spironolactone:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pituitary tumor treatments and more:
- Pituitary tumor (2,981 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pituitary tumor:
- Pituitary tumor in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pituitary tumor in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pituitary tumor in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pituitary tumor:
All the drugs that are associated with Pituitary tumor:
- Pituitary tumor (545 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pituitary tumor:
- Acromegaly: 280 reports
- Growth hormone excess: 251 reports
- Ms: 161 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 161 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pituitary tumor:
- Pituitary tumor (292 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on spironolactone (the active ingredients of Spironolactone) and Spironolactone (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Respiratory Rate Decreased and drugs of ingredients of ruxolitinib phosphate - 26 seconds ago
- Vytorin and Exidine drug interaction - a minute ago
- Flaxseed and Zantac drug interaction - a minute ago
- Linzess and Benzonatate drug interaction - a minute ago
- Alkeran and Primary Hypothyroidism - a minute ago
- Thyroid Gland Removal and Vision - Night Blindness - a minute ago
- Dexilant and Tongue Haemorrhage - a minute ago
- Lozol vs. Losartan - a minute ago
- Aceon and Aortic Calcification - a minute ago
- Colace and Drug Dependence - 2 minutes ago