Stelara and Anastomotic fistula - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Anastomotic fistula is found among people who take Stelara, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Stelara and have Anastomotic fistula. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,716 people who have side effects when taking Stelara from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
75,716 people reported to have side effects when taking Stelara.
Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Anastomotic fistula.
What is Stelara?
Stelara has active ingredients of ustekinumab. It is often used in psoriasis. eHealthMe is studying from 76,049 Stelara users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Anastomotic fistula?
Anastomotic fistula is found to be associated with 57 drugs and 32 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Stelara and Anastomotic fistula reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Anastomotic fistula when taking Stelara *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Anastomotic fistula when taking Stelara *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 33.33 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Stelara *:
- Budesonide: 4 people, 66.67%
- Azathioprine: 4 people, 66.67%
Common side effects people have besides Anastomotic fistula *:
- Sacroiliitis (an inflammation of the sacroiliac joint): 4 people, 66.67%
- Inflammatory Pain: 4 people, 66.67%
- Diarrhea: 4 people, 66.67%
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 4 people, 66.67%
- Small Intestinal Perforation (hole in small intestine): 2 people, 33.33%
- Peritonitis (inflammation of the peritoneum, the thin tissue that lines the inner wall of the abdomen and covers most of the abdominal organs): 2 people, 33.33%
- Oesophageal Stenosis (narrowing of oesophagus): 2 people, 33.33%
- Intestinal Stenosis (partial obstruction that causes the centre opening of the intestine to become narrower): 2 people, 33.33%
- Infection: 2 people, 33.33%
- Gastrointestinal Anastomotic Leak (breakdown at the site of a post-surgical closure of a stomach and intestine): 2 people, 33.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Stelara and have Anastomotic fistula?Check whether Anastomotic fistula is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Anastomotic fistula and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ustekinumab:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Stelara:
- Stelara (76,049 reports)
Common Stelara side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 11,130 reports
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 6,001 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,335 reports
- Rashes (redness): 4,005 reports
- Pain: 3,886 reports
- Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 3,791 reports
- Joint pain: 3,472 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 3,459 reports
- Pneumonia: 3,010 reports
Browse all side effects of Stelara:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Anastomotic fistula treatments and more:
- Anastomotic fistula (98 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Anastomotic fistula:
- Anastomotic fistula in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Anastomotic fistula in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Anastomotic fistula in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Anastomotic fistula:
- Anastomotic fistula (58 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Anastomotic fistula:
- Anastomotic fistula (32 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ustekinumab (the active ingredients of Stelara) and Stelara (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Glucagen and Hypoglycemia - 2 seconds ago
- Gralise and Renal Impairment - 3 seconds ago
- Leflunomide and Rash Erythematous Aggravated - 12 seconds ago
- Allopurinol Sodium and Metastases To Ovary - 16 seconds ago
- Prograf and Rheumatoid Lung - 19 seconds ago
- Imuran and Azathioprine drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Mood Swings in Minastrin 24 Fe, how severe and when it was recovered? - 47 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Asmanex Hfa drug interaction - a minute ago
- Kineret vs. Nuvigil - a minute ago
- Hydroxyurea and Clozapine drug interaction - a minute ago