Strattera and Dysphagia - from FDA reports
Dysphagia is found among people who take Strattera, especially for people who are male, 2-9 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clonidine, and have Autism. This review analyzes which people have Dysphagia with Strattera. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24,442 people who have side effects when taking Strattera from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 29, 2017
24,442 people reported to have side effects when taking Strattera.
Among them, 214 people (0.88%) have Dysphagia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Strattera when people have Dysphagia *:
- < 1 month: 47.06 %
- 1 - 6 months: 35.29 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.76 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 5.88 %
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Strattera *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Strattera *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 54.94 %
- 10-19: 25.93 %
- 20-29: 4.32 %
- 30-39: 2.47 %
- 40-49: 4.32 %
- 50-59: 2.47 %
- 60+: 5.56 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Autism (5 people, 2.34%)
- Bipolar Disorder (4 people, 1.87%)
- Stress And Anxiety (3 people, 1.40%)
- Disturbance In Attention (3 people, 1.40%)
- Cataplexy (3 people, 1.40%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Clonidine (10 people, 4.67%)
- Singulair (9 people, 4.21%)
- Concerta (9 people, 4.21%)
- Albuterol (9 people, 4.21%)
- Allegra (7 people, 3.27%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting (26 people, 12.15%)
- Retching (21 people, 9.81%)
- Stress And Anxiety (17 people, 7.94%)
- Fatigue (17 people, 7.94%)
- Drowsiness (14 people, 6.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Dysphagia when taking Strattera?
- Check symptoms - is dysphagia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDysphagia and drugs with ingredients of atomoxetine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDysphagia and Strattera from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Strattera has active ingredients of atomoxetine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Strattera 25,788 users)
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 59,152 Dysphagia patients).
Browse all side effects of Stratteraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DysphagiaDysphagia
Could your condition cause DysphagiaDysphagia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking 75mg of Aspirin since my heart attack on the 6th December 2016. I have had pain on swallowing for three months, I changed from dispersable to enteric coated a month ago, at first that was fine but now the pain has returned. The only other drug I am is Ticagrelor with ends in ...
I have had a total of 4 doses of Mucinex due to a bad cold and cough. I started having an issue swallowing which really concerned me. Took a drink of water to make sure my throat wasn't closing up and was ok.. But after taking my last dose (every 4 hour dose) and started having trouble ...
User reviews to the study
My son was on Strattera for a couple of months and developed a rapid heart rate and severe anxiety. The anxiety has gone away, once we stopped, but the rapid heart rate is still a problem several months later. Anybody else have this problem. Did the heart rate return to normal? If so, how long ...