Suboxone and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis - from FDA reports
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is found among people who take Suboxone, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 10+ years, also take medication Lyrica, and have Drug dependence. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,654 people who have side effects when taking Suboxone from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
17,654 people reported to have side effects when taking Suboxone.
Among them, 7 people (0.04%) have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Suboxone when people have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 100 %
Gender of people who have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis when taking Suboxone *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis when taking Suboxone *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 28.57 %
- 50-59: 71.43 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Drug Dependence: 3 people, 42.86%
- Pain: 2 people, 28.57%
- Nerve Injury: 1 person, 14.29%
- Muscle Tightness: 1 person, 14.29%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 14.29%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Soma: 2 people, 28.57%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 28.57%
- Zantac: 1 person, 14.29%
- Oxybutynin: 1 person, 14.29%
- Gabapentin: 1 person, 14.29%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 42.86%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 42.86%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 28.57%
- Lung Disorder (lung disease): 2 people, 28.57%
- Pneumonia: 2 people, 28.57%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis while taking Suboxone?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
- Subscribe to monitor Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Suboxone
You are not alone:
Suboxone has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride; naloxone hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal. (latest outcomes from Suboxone 19,719 users)
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (chronic lung disease) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, osteoporosis (latest reports from 34,147 Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis patients).
Drugs that are associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisIdiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (1,884 drugs)
Could your condition cause Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisIdiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (1,535 conditions)
Suboxone side effects
- Suboxone side effects (17,658 reports)
Browse all side effects of Suboxonea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Postpartum Depression with Nexplanon? - now
- Will you have Gait Deviation with Delsym? - a second ago
- Will you have Fainting with Solu-Cortef? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Vasovagal with Solu-Cortef? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Passed Out with Solu-Cortef? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Losartan, Zocor - 10 minutes ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Atarax - 19 minutes ago
- A study for a 60 year old woman who takes Tylenol, B Complex Vitamin, Prilosec Otc - 25 minutes ago
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Spironolactone, Lithium Carbonate, Lamictal Xr, Abilify - 44 minutes ago
- A study for a 46 year old woman who takes Allegra Allergy - an hour ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.