Subutex and Overdose - from FDA reports
Overdose is found among people who take Subutex, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Diazepam, and have Drug dependence. This review analyzes which people have Overdose with Subutex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,016 people who have side effects when taking Subutex from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 29, 2017
5,016 people reported to have side effects when taking Subutex.
Among them, 133 people (2.65%) have Overdose
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Subutex when people have Overdose *:
- < 1 month: 56.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 23.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 10.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 10.0 %
Gender of people who have Overdose when taking Subutex *:
- female: 31.78 %
- male: 68.22 %
Age of people who have Overdose when taking Subutex *:
- 0-1: 0.87 %
- 2-9: 1.74 %
- 10-19: 4.35 %
- 20-29: 20.87 %
- 30-39: 37.39 %
- 40-49: 19.13 %
- 50-59: 11.3 %
- 60+: 4.35 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Drug Dependence (31 people, 23.31%)
- Stress And Anxiety (16 people, 12.03%)
- Back Pain (10 people, 7.52%)
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (9 people, 6.77%)
- Depression (8 people, 6.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Diazepam (17 people, 12.78%)
- Valium (12 people, 9.02%)
- Ibuprofen (12 people, 9.02%)
- Suboxone (11 people, 8.27%)
- Lyrica (11 people, 8.27%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Ineffective (16 people, 12.03%)
- Suicidal Ideation (15 people, 11.28%)
- Stress And Anxiety (15 people, 11.28%)
- Drug Dependence (15 people, 11.28%)
- Suicide Attempt (14 people, 10.53%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Overdose when taking Subutex?
- Check symptoms - is overdose caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsOverdose and drugs with ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeOverdose and Subutex from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Subutex has active ingredients of buprenorphine hydrochloride. It is often used in opiate withdrawal. (latest outcomes from Subutex 5,367 users)
Overdose has been reported by people with pain, depression, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 75,059 Overdose patients).
Browse all side effects of Subutexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with OverdoseOverdose
Could your condition cause OverdoseOverdose
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I am from Norway and 41 years old. I have been using Subutex every day for 19 years, and I was wondering if there are any users here with more than 10 years of use with this particular pill. My reason for asking is that a lot of things started happening after at least 10 years passed, now I am ...
My son, 37, is on Subutex and Metoprolol Succinate ER. He has been on the Subutex for over a year and the Metoprolol he started last night. He has been in a panic attack all day today, which is highly unusual for him. He did find out earlier today that he may not be able to get Subutex due to a ...
I've been on subutex for 7 years now and venlafaxine for 5 years I have mixed feelings about them as I do feel they helped save my life at the time they were prescribed to me but I'm convinced they're also what's stopping me living a normal productive life now. Love/hate relationship.
Hi Swim been on subutex 2 weeks tomorrow. Swim previously was on 70 mg a day of oxymorophone and up to 2 methacarbamol. Since switching to subutex ,Swim can barely stand the pain and muscle cramps. I tried the methacarbamol with the subutex and feel very loopy almost drunk, very sleepy and ...