Sumatriptan succinate and Multi-organ failure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Multi-organ failure is found among people who take Sumatriptan succinate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Sumatriptan succinate and have Multi-organ failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,581 people who have side effects when taking Sumatriptan succinate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,581 people reported to have side effects when taking Sumatriptan succinate.
Among them, 8 people (0.11%) have Multi-organ failure.
What is Sumatriptan succinate?
Sumatriptan succinate has active ingredients of sumatriptan succinate. It is often used in migraine. eHealthMe is studying from 7,930 Sumatriptan succinate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Multi-organ failure?
Multi-organ failure (multisystem organ failure) is found to be associated with 2,304 drugs and 2,206 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Sumatriptan succinate and Multi-organ failure reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Multi-organ failure when taking Sumatriptan succinate *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Multi-organ failure when taking Sumatriptan succinate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 12.5 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 87.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Sumatriptan succinate *:
- Zetia: 3 people, 37.50%
- Zolpidem Tartrate: 2 people, 25.00%
- Lorazepam: 2 people, 25.00%
- Cytarabine: 2 people, 25.00%
- Ezetimibe: 2 people, 25.00%
- Fluconazole: 2 people, 25.00%
- Heparin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Hydrochlorothiazide: 2 people, 25.00%
- Hydrocortisone: 2 people, 25.00%
- Metaxalone: 2 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Multi-organ failure *:
- Diarrhea: 6 people, 75.00%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 6 people, 75.00%
- Weakness: 5 people, 62.50%
- Pneumonia: 5 people, 62.50%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 5 people, 62.50%
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 5 people, 62.50%
- Device Related Infection: 5 people, 62.50%
- Liver Disorder (liver diseases): 5 people, 62.50%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 5 people, 62.50%
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (acute chest pain and other symptoms that happen because the heart does not get blood): 4 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Myeloid Leukaemia (a type of cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 1 person, 12.50%
- Infection: 1 person, 12.50%
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Sumatriptan succinate and have Multi-organ failure?Check whether Multi-organ failure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Multi-organ failure and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of sumatriptan succinate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Sumatriptan succinate:
- Sumatriptan succinate (7,930 reports)
Common Sumatriptan succinate side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 1,363 reports
- Migraine (headache): 725 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 599 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 461 reports
- High blood pressure: 380 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 379 reports
- Dizziness: 350 reports
Browse all side effects of Sumatriptan succinate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Multi-organ failure treatments and more:
- Multi-organ failure (32,834 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Multi-organ failure:
- Multi-organ failure in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Multi-organ failure in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Multi-organ failure in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Multi-organ failure:
- Trasylol: 4,281 reports
- Heparin: 2,265 reports
- Lasix: 2,190 reports
- Prednisone: 1,714 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,516 reports
- Aspirin: 1,415 reports
- Prednisolone: 1,393 reports
- Furosemide: 1,323 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 1,159 reports
- Fentanyl: 1,011 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Multi-organ failure:
- Multi-organ failure (2,304 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Multi-organ failure:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,170 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,147 reports
- Preventive health care: 849 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 686 reports
- Pain: 598 reports
- Diabetes: 561 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Multi-organ failure:
- Multi-organ failure (2,206 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sumatriptan succinate (the active ingredients of Sumatriptan succinate) and Sumatriptan succinate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- High Blood Cholesterol and Lipoma - 4 seconds ago
- Promethazine W/ Codeine and Hypoglycaemia Aggravated - 7 seconds ago
- Sumatriptan Succinate and Injection Site Discoloration - 16 seconds ago
- Digoxin and Hair Color Changes - 18 seconds ago
- Vasotec and Liver Transplant Rejection - 19 seconds ago
- Losartan and Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell - 20 seconds ago
- Seroquel and Peritonsillar Abscess - 27 seconds ago
- Amlodipine Besylate and Colace drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Glucotrol Xl and Electrocardiogram Abnormal - 44 seconds ago
- Prevacid 24 Hr and Tolterodine drug interaction - 56 seconds ago