Sustiva and Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis is reported only by a few people who take Sustiva.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Sustiva and have Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,067 people who have side effects while taking Sustiva from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,067 people reported to have side effects when taking Sustiva.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis.
What is Sustiva?
Sustiva has active ingredients of efavirenz. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 10,130 Sustiva users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis?
Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis (life threatening infection of lymph nodes with collection of immune cells) is found to be associated with 98 drugs and 39 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Sustiva and Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Sustiva when people have Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis when taking Sustiva *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis when taking Sustiva *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Sustiva *:
- Lamivudine: 2 people, 100.00%
- Zidovudine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Reyataz: 1 person, 50.00%
- Pyrazinamide: 1 person, 50.00%
- Norvir: 1 person, 50.00%
- Myambutol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Kaletra: 1 person, 50.00%
- Isoniazid: 1 person, 50.00%
- Didanosine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Combivir: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis *:
- Wound Secretion: 1 person, 50.00%
- Rosacea (a skin condition that causes facial redness): 1 person, 50.00%
- Psychotic Disorder: 1 person, 50.00%
- Periarthritis (inflammation of the external coats of an artery and of the tissues around the artery): 1 person, 50.00%
- Mycobacterium Avium Complex Infection: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lymph Node Tuberculosis: 1 person, 50.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 50.00%
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome (immune recovery syndrome): 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hepatitis (inflammation of the liver): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Lymph Node Tuberculosis: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Sustiva and have Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis?Check whether Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of efavirenz:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Sustiva:
- Sustiva (10,130 reports)
Common Sustiva side effects:
- Depression: 1,533 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 943 reports
- Pain: 799 reports
- Fever: 561 reports
- Chronic kidney disease: 443 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 378 reports
- Bone density decreased: 373 reports
Browse all side effects of Sustiva:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis treatments and more:
- Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis (65 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis:
- Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis:
- Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis (98 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis:
- Necrotising granulomatous lymphadenitis (39 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on efavirenz (the active ingredients of Sustiva) and Sustiva (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Clopidogrel and Olumiant drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Viibryd and Type 2 Diabetes - 7 seconds ago
- Viibryd and Diabetes Mellitus Non-Insulin-Dependent - 7 seconds ago
- Acarbose and Cataflam drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Rashes - 15 seconds ago
- Valproic Acid and Cheilitis - 17 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Sick Sinus Syndrome - 26 seconds ago
- Prevacid and Pelvic Abscess - 28 seconds ago
- Colace and Oropharyngeal Swelling - 32 seconds ago
- Carafate and Memantine drug interaction - 32 seconds ago