Sustiva and Zieve syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Zieve syndrome is reported only by a few people who take Sustiva.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Sustiva and have Zieve syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,067 people who have side effects while taking Sustiva from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,067 people reported to have side effects when taking Sustiva.
Among them, 1 person (0.01%) has Zieve syndrome.
What is Sustiva?
Sustiva has active ingredients of efavirenz. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 10,130 Sustiva users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Zieve syndrome?
Zieve syndrome (the combination of alcoholic infection of liver ,destruction of blood cells jaundice) is found to be associated with 15 drugs and 6 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Sustiva and Zieve syndrome reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Zieve syndrome when taking Sustiva *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Zieve syndrome when taking Sustiva *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 100 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Sustiva *:
- Videx: 1 person, 100.00%
- Truvada: 1 person, 100.00%
- Reyataz: 1 person, 100.00%
- Epivir: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Zieve syndrome *:
- Cd4 Lymphocytes Decreased: 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Sustiva and have Zieve syndrome?Check whether Zieve syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Zieve syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of efavirenz:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Sustiva:
- Sustiva (10,130 reports)
Common Sustiva side effects:
- Depression: 1,533 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 943 reports
- Pain: 799 reports
- Fever: 561 reports
- Chronic kidney disease: 443 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 378 reports
- Bone density decreased: 373 reports
Browse all side effects of Sustiva:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Zieve syndrome treatments and more:
- Zieve syndrome (12 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Zieve syndrome:
- Zieve syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Zieve syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Zieve syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Zieve syndrome:
- Zieve syndrome (15 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Zieve syndrome:
- Zieve syndrome (6 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on efavirenz (the active ingredients of Sustiva) and Sustiva (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Voltaren and Red Blood Cell Count Abnormal - a second ago
- Vinorelbine Tartrate and Hyperplasia - 7 seconds ago
- Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia and Deep Venous Thrombosis - 17 seconds ago
- Klonopin and Numbness And Tingling - 32 seconds ago
- Mania and Diarrhea Aggravated - 38 seconds ago
- Diflunisal and Meniscus Lesion - 41 seconds ago
- Aubagio and Nasal Congestion - 41 seconds ago
- Tykerb and Sciatica Aggravated - 49 seconds ago
- Fish Oil vs. Glucosamine And Msm - 49 seconds ago
- Vancomycin Hcl and Flonase Allergy Relief drug interaction - 59 seconds ago