Synagis and Haemangioma - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Haemangioma is found among people who take Synagis, especially for people who are female, 0-1 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Synagis and have Haemangioma. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,708 people who have side effects when taking Synagis from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,708 people reported to have side effects when taking Synagis.
Among them, 16 people (0.1%) have Haemangioma.
What is Synagis?
Synagis has active ingredients of palivizumab. eHealthMe is studying from 16,714 Synagis users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Haemangioma?
Haemangioma (noncancerous, abnormally dense collections of dilated small blood vessels that may occur in the skin or internal organs) is found to be associated with 1,336 drugs and 763 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Synagis and Haemangioma reports submitted per year:
Time on Synagis when people have Haemangioma *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Haemangioma when taking Synagis *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Haemangioma when taking Synagis *:
- 0-1: 80 %
- 2-9: 20 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Synagis *:
- Zantac: 1 person, 6.25%
- Propulsid: 1 person, 6.25%
- Propranolol Hydrochloride: 1 person, 6.25%
- Pepcid: 1 person, 6.25%
- Gaviscon: 1 person, 6.25%
- Ergocalciferol: 1 person, 6.25%
- Albuterol Sulfate: 1 person, 6.25%
Common side effects people have besides Haemangioma *:
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 2 people, 12.50%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 12.50%
- Pneumonia: 2 people, 12.50%
- Breathing Sounds - Abnormal (Stridor): 2 people, 12.50%
- Multi-Organ Failure (multisystem organ failure): 2 people, 12.50%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 12.50%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 2 people, 12.50%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 2 people, 12.50%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 2 people, 12.50%
- Gastroenteritis (inflammation of stomach and intestine): 2 people, 12.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Premature Baby: 5 people, 31.25%
- Metabolic Disorder (an abnormal function and pattern of body fat. insulin resistance refers to the diminished ability of cells to respond to the action of insulin in promoting the transport of the sugar glucose, from blood into muscles and other tissues): 1 person, 6.25%
- Low Birth Weight Baby: 1 person, 6.25%
- Iron Deficiency Anaemia: 1 person, 6.25%
- Failure To Thrive (inadequate weight gain and physical growth in children): 1 person, 6.25%
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (chronic lung disorder in infants - enlargement of an organ or tissue by the proliferation of cells of an abnormal type): 1 person, 6.25%
- Blood Osmolarity Decreased: 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Synagis and have Haemangioma?Check whether Haemangioma is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Haemangioma and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of palivizumab:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Synagis:
- Synagis (16,714 reports)
Common Synagis side effects:
Browse all side effects of Synagis:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Haemangioma treatments and more:
- Haemangioma (3,800 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Haemangioma:
- Haemangioma in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Haemangioma in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Haemangioma in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Haemangioma:
All the drugs that are associated with Haemangioma:
- Haemangioma (1,336 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Haemangioma:
All the conditions that are associated with Haemangioma:
- Haemangioma (763 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on palivizumab (the active ingredients of Synagis) and Synagis (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ultracet and Retin-A drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Anaemia Neonatal and drugs of ingredients of famotidine - 20 seconds ago
- Brimonidine Tartrate and Advair Diskus 100/50 drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumor and High Blood Pressure - 52 seconds ago
- Monurol and Calcitriol drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Ticagrelor and Fatigue - a minute ago
- Pantoprazole and Angioplasty - a minute ago
- Gilenya and Benign Lung Neoplasm - a minute ago
- Depakene and Propulsid drug interaction - a minute ago
- Metoclopramide and Quinine drug interaction - a minute ago