Synagis and Hypothyroidism - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 18,174 people who have side effects when taking Synagis. Hypothyroidism is found, especially among people who are male, 0-1 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month and have Bronchopulmonary dysplasia.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Synagis and have Hypothyroidism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
18,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Synagis.
Among them, 6 people (0.03%) have Hypothyroidism.
What is Synagis?
Synagis has active ingredients of palivizumab. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 18,180 Synagis users.
What is Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) is found to be associated with 2,932 drugs and 2,504 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 160,173 people who have Hypothyroidism.
Number of Synagis and Hypothyroidism reports submitted per year:
Time on Synagis when people have Hypothyroidism *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 50 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Synagis *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Hypothyroidism when taking Synagis *:
- 0-1: 100 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common side effects people have besides Hypothyroidism *:
- Rhinitis (a medical term for irritation and inflammation of the mucous membrane inside the nose): 2 people, 33.33%
- Cough: 2 people, 33.33%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 2 people, 33.33%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 2 people, 33.33%
- Hearing Impaired: 2 people, 33.33%
- Apnea (temporary absence or cessation of breathing): 1 person, 16.67%
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (chronic lung disorder in infants - enlargement of an organ or tissue by the proliferation of cells of an abnormal type): 1 person, 16.67%
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (bleeding within the brain): 1 person, 16.67%
- Cerebral Haemorrhage Neonatal (bleeding in brain of baby of less than 1 month age): 1 person, 16.67%
- Growth Retardation (delayed growth): 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia (chronic lung disorder in infants - enlargement of an organ or tissue by the proliferation of cells of an abnormal type): 3 people, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Synagis and have Hypothyroidism?Check whether Hypothyroidism is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Ezeji GC, Inoue T, Bahtiyar G, Sacerdote A, "Hallucinations associated with miglitol use in a patient with chronic kidney disease and hypothyroidism", BMJ case reports, 2015 Feb .
Synagis side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Synagis side effects (18,180 reports)
Hypothyroidism treatments and more:
- Hypothyroidism (160,173 reports)
Common drugs associated with Hypothyroidism:
- Synthroid: 3,337 reports
- Fosamax: 2,481 reports
- Prednisone: 2,292 reports
- Aspirin: 1,940 reports
- Levothyroxine sodium: 1,775 reports
- Metformin: 1,383 reports
- Pantoprazole: 1,217 reports
- Lasix: 1,075 reports
- Amlodipine: 1,067 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,064 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hypothyroidism:
- Hypothyroidism (2,932 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hypothyroidism:
- Osteoporosis: 2,201 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,003 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,422 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,259 reports
- Renal cell carcinoma: 1,245 reports
- Depression: 1,238 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hypothyroidism:
- Hypothyroidism (2,504 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on palivizumab (the active ingredients of Synagis) and Synagis (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Aripiprazole and Minipress drug interaction - now
- Ketalar and Alfentanil drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Ortho Evra and Irritability - 9 seconds ago
- Cortenema and Fluoxetine drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Pancuronium and Lisinopril drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Trulicity and Synthroid drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Tolterodine Tartrate drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Ventolin and Vecuronium Bromide drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Cardiac Output Decreased - 21 seconds ago
- Nizatidine and Juluca drug interaction - 22 seconds ago