Synthroid and Coughing - from FDA reports
Coughing is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Coughing with Synthroid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 140,558 people who have side effects when taking Synthroid from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
140,558 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid.
Among them, 3,580 people (2.55%) have Coughing
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Synthroid when people have Coughing *:
- < 1 month: 18.6 %
- 1 - 6 months: 13.95 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 37.21 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.65 %
- 5 - 10 years: 16.28 %
- 10+ years: 9.3 %
Gender of people who have Coughing when taking Synthroid *:
- female: 83.82 %
- male: 16.18 %
Age of people who have Coughing when taking Synthroid *:
- 0-1: 0.27 %
- 2-9: 0.17 %
- 10-19: 0.38 %
- 20-29: 1.3 %
- 30-39: 3.97 %
- 40-49: 10.27 %
- 50-59: 22.9 %
- 60+: 60.75 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (363 people, 10.14%)
- High Blood Pressure (354 people, 9.89%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (300 people, 8.38%)
- Asthma (287 people, 8.02%)
- Osteoporosis (231 people, 6.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (454 people, 12.68%)
- Lipitor (405 people, 11.31%)
- Aspirin (348 people, 9.72%)
- Prilosec (323 people, 9.02%)
- Nexium (283 people, 7.91%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty (915 people, 25.56%)
- Fatigue (807 people, 22.54%)
- Chest Pain (664 people, 18.55%)
- Nausea (637 people, 17.79%)
- Weakness (579 people, 16.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Coughing when taking Synthroid?
- Check symptoms - is coughing caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCoughing and drugs with ingredients of levothyroxine sodium.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCoughing and Synthroid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 149,660 users)
Coughing has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, multiple sclerosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (latest reports from 149,337 Coughing patients).
Browse all side effects of Synthroida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with CoughingCoughing
Could your condition cause CoughingCoughing
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I take numerous vitamins along with a multi vitamin 2x daily. I have been taking vitamins for as long as I can remember and just recently developed a dry cough and metallic taste when I cough. I don't have any normal symptoms i.e.. High blood pressure, cold, flu, etc ... I am 64 and this ...
Been on benicar/hct for 10years, I am female, 61 years old. Developed a cough. Basically coughing 24/7. Out of control. And yes I pee my self. I have had it for a year. I have been off benicar for 2 weeks, Dr said it should be out of my System @3 weeks. How long did it take for the cough to go ...
10 years ago I had two stents put in. Was initially put on statin and Plavix. Did not handle statin well so quit it and got more serious with diet. Hung in there with Plavix for 6 months but didn't it. Was told I could go off of it. No problems and lipids were reducing each year to near ...
I've had 3 ablasions in 6 years and i can't take a chance of this garcinia if it will react with tikosyn. My blood pressure goes to 200/110 i need to lose weight. Hoping that this garcinia will help. I'm 40 pounds over weight. Thanks