Who have Heart palpitations with Synthroid - from FDA reports
Heart palpitations is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Lasix, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 157,621 people who have side effects when taking Synthroid from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
157,621 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid.
Among them, 3,378 people (2.14%) have Heart palpitations
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Synthroid when people have Heart palpitations *:
- < 1 month: 25.88 %
- 1 - 6 months: 28.24 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.29 %
- 1 - 2 years: 11.18 %
- 2 - 5 years: 9.41 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.47 %
- 10+ years: 13.53 %
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Synthroid *:
- female: 89.87 %
- male: 10.13 %
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Synthroid *:
- 0-1: 0.08 %
- 2-9: 0.04 %
- 10-19: 0.35 %
- 20-29: 1.64 %
- 30-39: 7.1 %
- 40-49: 15.18 %
- 50-59: 27.47 %
- 60+: 48.15 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 244 people, 7.22%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 206 people, 6.10%
- Depression: 163 people, 4.83%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 158 people, 4.68%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 119 people, 3.52%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix: 265 people, 7.84%
- Lipitor: 256 people, 7.58%
- Premarin: 243 people, 7.19%
- Aspirin: 238 people, 7.05%
- Fosamax: 199 people, 5.89%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 769 people, 22.76%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 683 people, 20.22%
- Dizziness: 656 people, 19.42%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 648 people, 19.18%
- Breathing Difficulty: 615 people, 18.21%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Heart palpitations while taking Synthroid?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Heart palpitations
- Subscribe to monitor Heart palpitations in Synthroid
You are not alone:
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. (latest outcomes from Synthroid 166,728 users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 92,772 Heart palpitations patients).
Drugs that are associated with Heart palpitationsHeart palpitations (3,358 drugs)
Could your condition cause Heart palpitationsHeart palpitations (2,846 conditions)
Synthroid side effects
- Synthroid side effects (157,676 reports)
Browse all side effects of Synthroida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Citrulline and Protamine Sulfate drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Painful Chest with Htn? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Chest Tightness Or Pressure with Htn? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Chest Tightness with Htn? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Chest Discomfort with Htn? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 39 year old woman who takes Adderall, Klonopin, Prozac, Vyvanse - 52 minutes ago
- A study for a 39 year old woman who takes Adderall, Klonopin, Prozac - an hour ago
- A study for a 35 year old woman who takes Lamictal - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 26 year old woman who takes Excedrin, Nifedipine - 3 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Digoxin, Coumadin, Lisinopril, Gemfibrozil, Ranitidine for a 82 year old man - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.