Synthroid and Taste - impaired - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Taste - impaired is found among people who take Synthroid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Synthroid and have Taste - impaired. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 215,853 people who have side effects when taking Synthroid from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
215,853 people reported to have side effects when taking Synthroid.
Among them, 1,920 people (0.89%) have Taste - impaired.
What is Synthroid?
Synthroid has active ingredients of levothyroxine sodium. It is often used in hypothyroidism. eHealthMe is studying from 226,874 Synthroid users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Taste - impaired?
Taste - impaired is found to be associated with 3,389 drugs and 2,910 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Synthroid and Taste - impaired reports submitted per year:
Time on Synthroid when people have Taste - impaired *:
Gender of people who have Taste - impaired when taking Synthroid*:
Age of people who have Taste - impaired when taking Synthroid *:
Common drugs people take besides Synthroid *:
Common side effects people have besides Taste - impaired *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Synthroid and have Taste - impaired?Check whether Taste - impaired is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Taste - impaired and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of levothyroxine sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Synthroid:
- Synthroid (226,874 reports)
Common Synthroid side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 20,618 reports
- Drug ineffective: 16,072 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 14,633 reports
- Pain: 13,929 reports
- Weakness: 13,556 reports
- Diarrhea: 12,921 reports
Browse all side effects of Synthroid:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Taste - impaired treatments and more:
- Taste - impaired (71,163 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Taste - impaired:
- Taste - impaired in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Taste - impaired in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Taste - impaired in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Taste - impaired:
- Lunesta: 4,104 reports
- Aspirin: 3,260 reports
- Sutent: 2,289 reports
- Metformin: 2,128 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,101 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,948 reports
- Synthroid: 1,920 reports
- Chantix: 1,829 reports
- Amlodipine: 1,780 reports
- Prednisone: 1,763 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Taste - impaired:
- Taste - impaired (3,389 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Taste - impaired:
- High blood pressure: 3,256 reports
- Insomnia: 2,683 reports
- Hepatitis c: 2,469 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 2,114 reports
- Pain: 1,741 reports
- Quit smoking: 1,728 reports
- Depression: 1,657 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Taste - impaired:
- Taste - impaired (2,910 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on levothyroxine sodium (the active ingredients of Synthroid) and Synthroid (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Felodipine and Folliculitis - 6 seconds ago
- Lacosamide and Orthostatic Intolerance - 16 seconds ago
- Coronary Arterial Stent Insertion and Sepsis - 18 seconds ago
- Septra and Dexilant drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Patanol and Vitamin D Increased - 21 seconds ago
- Eliquis and Estrace drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Theophyl and Scotoma - 29 seconds ago
- Testosterone and Metoprolol Succinate drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Duac and Loss Of Consciousness - 32 seconds ago
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Rhinocort drug interaction - 35 seconds ago