Who have Papilloedema with Tacrolimus - from FDA reports
Papilloedema is found among people who take Tacrolimus, especially for people who are male, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Prednisone, and have Immunodeficiency disorders. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 39,562 people who have side effects when taking Tacrolimus from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
39,562 people reported to have side effects when taking Tacrolimus.
Among them, 28 people (0.07%) have Papilloedema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tacrolimus when people have Papilloedema *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Papilloedema when taking Tacrolimus *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Papilloedema when taking Tacrolimus *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 5 %
- 10-19: 10 %
- 20-29: 30 %
- 30-39: 15 %
- 40-49: 15 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 25 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Immunodeficiency Disorders: 10 people, 35.71%
- Preventive Health Care: 4 people, 14.29%
- Meningitis (inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges): 3 people, 10.71%
- Renal Impairment (severely reduced kidney function): 2 people, 7.14%
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (acute cancer in which the bone marrow makes abnormal myeloblasts): 2 people, 7.14%
- Transplant: 1 person, 3.57%
- Toxoplasmosis (a parasitic disease caused by the protozoan toxoplasma gondii): 1 person, 3.57%
- Stem Cell Transplant: 1 person, 3.57%
- Meningitis Cryptococcal (bacterial inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges): 1 person, 3.57%
- Heart Transplant: 1 person, 3.57%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone: 8 people, 28.57%
- Mycophenolic Acid: 5 people, 17.86%
- Amphotericin B: 5 people, 17.86%
- Flucytosine: 5 people, 17.86%
- Fluconazole: 5 people, 17.86%
- Melphalan: 4 people, 14.29%
- Mycophenolate Mofetil: 4 people, 14.29%
- Vidaza: 3 people, 10.71%
- Fludarabine Phosphate: 3 people, 10.71%
- Methotrexate: 3 people, 10.71%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (pain in head): 10 people, 35.71%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 10 people, 35.71%
- Blindness: 8 people, 28.57%
- Confusional State: 8 people, 28.57%
- Retinal Haemorrhage (bleeding from retina): 8 people, 28.57%
- Immune Reconstitution Syndrome (immune recovery syndrome): 7 people, 25.00%
- Fever: 7 people, 25.00%
- Meningitis (inflammation of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord, known collectively as the meninges): 6 people, 21.43%
- Optic Atrophy (the loss of a proportion of optic disc nerve fibres): 6 people, 21.43%
- Cytomegalovirus Infection: 5 people, 17.86%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Papilloedema while taking Tacrolimus?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Papilloedema
- Subscribe to monitor Papilloedema in Tacrolimus
You are not alone:
Tacrolimus has active ingredients of tacrolimus. It is often used in kidney transplant. (latest outcomes from Tacrolimus 43,200 users)
Papilloedema (optic disc swelling) has been reported by people with birth control, acne, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, hepatitis c (latest reports from 4,323 Papilloedema patients).
Drugs that are associated with PapilloedemaPapilloedema (941 drugs)
Could your condition cause PapilloedemaPapilloedema (656 conditions)
Tacrolimus side effects
- Tacrolimus side effects (39,578 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Tacrolimusa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Dulani S, Dulani R, Lele S, Diagavane S, Anjankar S, Jaiswal N, Subramaniam PS, Juneja R, "Chronic Subdural Haematoma in a Case of Hyperthyroidism Presenting with Papilledema", Chinese Medicine, 2012 Dec .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Synovial Cyst with Dicyclomine Hydrochloride? - 2 seconds ago
- Brintellix and Ultragris-330 drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain Exacerbated with Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride? - 5 seconds ago
- Women aged 60+ who have Rash Vesicular with Miacalcin - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Aldolase Increased with Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Tinea Barbae with Minocycline Hydrochloride? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Narcotic Abuse with Omega-3? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Salivary Gland Enlargement with Seroquel? - 8 seconds ago
- Ceftriaxone and Igname Sauvage drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Facial Pain with Xtandi? - 10 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 27 year old woman who takes Xanax - 40 minutes ago
- A study for a 40 year old man who takes Cymbalta, Ritalin, Gabapentin - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 37 year old man who takes Verapamil Hydrochloride, Jardiance - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Metoprolol Succinate, Eliquis, Omeprazole, Lisinopril - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old woman who takes Spironolactone, Accutane - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 83 year old woman who takes Valacyclovir - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 83 year old woman who takes Valacyclovir - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Provigil, Paxil, Mirapex, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin, Gabapentin for a 62 year old man - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 62 year old man who takes Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Wellbutrin Sr, Provigil, Paxil, Mirapex, Omeprazole, Gabapentin - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old man who takes Carvedilol Phosphate - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.