Tambocor and Thrombocytopenia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Tambocor, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tambocor and have Thrombocytopenia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,316 people who have side effects when taking Tambocor from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,316 people reported to have side effects when taking Tambocor.
Among them, 73 people (3.15%) have Thrombocytopenia.
What is Tambocor?
Tambocor has active ingredients of flecainide acetate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 2,504 Tambocor users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Thrombocytopenia?
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) is found to be associated with 4,084 drugs and 4,610 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tambocor and Thrombocytopenia reports submitted per year:
Time on Tambocor when people have Thrombocytopenia *:
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Tambocor*:
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Tambocor *:
Common drugs people take besides Tambocor *:
Common side effects people have besides Thrombocytopenia *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tambocor and have Thrombocytopenia?Check whether Thrombocytopenia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- YavasogluI, I., TurgutkayaII, A., & BolamanIII, Z., "Chlorella-induced thrombocytopenia", DATA, 2018 Jan .
- Rasmy A, Rahal M, Kisana M, Ahmad S, Salah A, "Morphine induced thrombocytopenia: A case report", Journal of Case Reports and Images in Oncology, 2015 Dec .
- Onder H, Arsava EM, Arat A, Topcuoglu MA, "Acute middle cerebral artery occlusion treated by thrombectomy in a patient with myelodysplastic syndrome and severe thrombocytopenia", Journal of vascular and interventional neurology, 2015 Jan .
How severe was Thrombocytopenia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of flecainide acetate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tambocor:
- Tambocor (2,504 reports)
Common Tambocor side effects:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 244 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 173 reports
- Weakness: 120 reports
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 116 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 112 reports
- Drug ineffective: 105 reports
- Chest pain: 104 reports
Browse all side effects of Tambocor:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Thrombocytopenia treatments and more:
- Thrombocytopenia (247,414 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Thrombocytopenia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Thrombocytopenia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Revlimid: 14,033 reports
- Prednisone: 11,611 reports
- Aspirin: 10,558 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 9,104 reports
- Methotrexate: 8,110 reports
- Dexamethasone: 8,070 reports
- Carboplatin: 7,957 reports
- Omeprazole: 7,563 reports
- Lopurin: 7,369 reports
- Allopurinol: 7,366 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (4,084 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Multiple myeloma: 19,704 reports
- High blood pressure: 9,587 reports
- Ovarian cancer: 5,895 reports
- Hepatitis c: 5,620 reports
- Pain: 5,350 reports
- Preventive health care: 5,171 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,906 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Thrombocytopenia:
- Thrombocytopenia (4,610 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on flecainide acetate (the active ingredients of Tambocor) and Tambocor (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Doxylamine Succinate and Menstruation Irregular - 10 seconds ago
- Vitamin B12 and Symbicort drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Novalgin vs. Subutex - 23 seconds ago
- Tofacitinib Citrate and Thrombosis - 26 seconds ago
- Nplate and Transfusion Reaction - 26 seconds ago
- Latent Tuberculosis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus - 34 seconds ago
- Armour Thyroid and Application Site Pruritus - 35 seconds ago
- Depakote and Electric Shock - 40 seconds ago
- Vitamin C and Body Temperature Increased - 47 seconds ago
- Escherichia Test Positive and Chronic Kidney Disease - 51 seconds ago