Tamoxifen citrate and Mood swings - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Mood swings is found among people who take Tamoxifen citrate, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tamoxifen citrate and have Mood swings. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,561 people who have side effects when taking Tamoxifen citrate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,561 people reported to have side effects when taking Tamoxifen citrate.
Among them, 83 people (0.79%) have Mood swings.
What is Tamoxifen citrate?
Tamoxifen citrate has active ingredients of tamoxifen citrate. It is often used in breast cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 11,746 Tamoxifen citrate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Mood swings?
Mood swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood) is found to be associated with 2,788 drugs and 2,115 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tamoxifen citrate and Mood swings reports submitted per year:
Time on Tamoxifen citrate when people have Mood swings *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 10 %
- 1 - 2 years: 20 %
- 2 - 5 years: 10 %
- 5 - 10 years: 10 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mood swings when taking Tamoxifen citrate *:
- female: 98.61 %
- male: 1.39 %
Age of people who have Mood swings when taking Tamoxifen citrate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 31.25 %
- 40-49: 26.56 %
- 50-59: 26.56 %
- 60+: 15.62 %
Common drugs people take besides Tamoxifen citrate *:
- Zometa: 39 people, 46.99%
- Oxycontin: 29 people, 34.94%
- Zyprexa: 27 people, 32.53%
- Ativan: 26 people, 31.33%
- Herceptin: 25 people, 30.12%
- Skelaxin: 24 people, 28.92%
- Compazine: 24 people, 28.92%
- Taxotere: 24 people, 28.92%
- Lidocaine: 23 people, 27.71%
- Gabapentin: 23 people, 27.71%
Common side effects people have besides Mood swings *:
- Depression: 43 people, 51.81%
- Pain: 42 people, 50.60%
- Joint Pain: 42 people, 50.60%
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (death of bone of jaw): 39 people, 46.99%
- Back Pain: 38 people, 45.78%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 37 people, 44.58%
- Stress And Anxiety: 34 people, 40.96%
- Memory Loss: 34 people, 40.96%
- Osteomyelitis (infection of bone): 33 people, 39.76%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 31 people, 37.35%
Common conditions people have *:
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 14 people, 16.87%
- Depression: 13 people, 15.66%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 11 people, 13.25%
- Sleep Disorder: 10 people, 12.05%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 9 people, 10.84%
- Pain: 7 people, 8.43%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 6 people, 7.23%
- Breathing Difficulty: 6 people, 7.23%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 6 people, 7.23%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 4 people, 4.82%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tamoxifen citrate and have Mood swings?Check whether Mood swings is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- K?rm?z?bekmez H, Yesiltepe Mutlu RG, Dursun F, ??güven ?P, "Tamoxifen-associated hirsutism: an unusual side effect in a 5-year-old girl with McCune-Albright syndrome", Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2015 Sep .
How severe was Mood swings and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tamoxifen citrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tamoxifen citrate:
- Tamoxifen citrate (11,746 reports)
Common Tamoxifen citrate side effects:
- Pain: 1,474 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,157 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 993 reports
- Joint pain: 835 reports
Browse all side effects of Tamoxifen citrate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Mood swings treatments and more:
- Mood swings (71,764 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Mood swings:
- Mood swings in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Mood swings in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Mood swings in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Mood swings:
- Cymbalta: 3,433 reports
- Chantix: 2,753 reports
- Mirena: 2,191 reports
- Gabapentin: 1,353 reports
- Paxil: 1,348 reports
- Prednisone: 1,334 reports
- Clonazepam: 1,271 reports
- Singulair: 1,270 reports
- Seroquel: 1,256 reports
- Lyrica: 1,167 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Mood swings:
- Mood swings (2,788 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Mood swings:
- Depression: 4,951 reports
- Birth control: 3,580 reports
- Pain: 2,852 reports
- Quit smoking: 2,324 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 2,243 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,884 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Mood swings:
- Mood swings (2,115 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tamoxifen citrate (the active ingredients of Tamoxifen citrate) and Tamoxifen citrate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pentostatin and General Physical Health Deterioration - 13 seconds ago
- Atrovent and Abscess Fungal - 15 seconds ago
- Hydromorphone Hydrochloride and Linezolid drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Xcopri and Hoarseness Or Changing Voice - 28 seconds ago
- Rocaltrol and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus - 38 seconds ago
- Alendronate Sodium and Hyperamylasaemia - 44 seconds ago
- Glioblastoma Multiforme and drugs of ingredients of etanercept - 47 seconds ago
- Niaspan and Balsalazide Disodium drug interaction - a minute ago
- Augmentin and Sleep Disorder - a minute ago
- Risperdal and Seroquel drug interaction - a minute ago