Tapazole and Decreased activity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Decreased activity is reported only by a few people who take Tapazole.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tapazole and have Decreased activity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,138 people who have side effects while taking Tapazole from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,138 people reported to have side effects when taking Tapazole.
Among them, 4 people (0.19%) have Decreased activity.
What is Tapazole?
Tapazole has active ingredients of methimazole. It is often used in hyperthyroidism. eHealthMe is studying from 2,289 Tapazole users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Decreased activity?
Decreased activity is found to be associated with 2,264 drugs and 1,224 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tapazole and Decreased activity reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Decreased activity when taking Tapazole *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Decreased activity when taking Tapazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Tapazole *:
- Valium: 1 person, 25.00%
- Tamoxifen Citrate: 1 person, 25.00%
- Procardia Xl: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lipitor: 1 person, 25.00%
- Lasix: 1 person, 25.00%
- Isordil: 1 person, 25.00%
- Glyburide: 1 person, 25.00%
- Dyazide: 1 person, 25.00%
- Claritin: 1 person, 25.00%
- Arimidex: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Decreased activity *:
- Weakness: 3 people, 75.00%
- Nervous System Disorder (a general class of medical conditions affecting the nervous system): 2 people, 50.00%
- Injury: 2 people, 50.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 2 people, 50.00%
- Emotional Distress: 2 people, 50.00%
- Dysmorphism (difference of body structure that is suggestive of a congenital disorder): 2 people, 50.00%
- Throat Irritation: 1 person, 25.00%
- Thirst - Excessive: 1 person, 25.00%
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 1 person, 25.00%
- Markedly Reduced Food Intake: 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Drug Exposure During Pregnancy: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tapazole and have Decreased activity?Check whether Decreased activity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Decreased activity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of methimazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tapazole:
- Tapazole (2,289 reports)
Common Tapazole side effects:
- Weakness: 174 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 140 reports
- Rashes (redness): 121 reports
- Fever: 120 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 109 reports
- Hyperthyroidism (over activity of the thyroid gland): 105 reports
Browse all side effects of Tapazole:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Decreased activity treatments and more:
- Decreased activity (12,841 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Decreased activity:
- Decreased activity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Decreased activity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Decreased activity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Decreased activity:
- Prednisone: 694 reports
- Aspirin: 632 reports
- Entresto: 475 reports
- Lisinopril: 408 reports
- Jakafi: 388 reports
- Phentermine: 383 reports
- Metformin: 373 reports
- Synthroid: 344 reports
- Truvada: 330 reports
- Furosemide: 320 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Decreased activity:
- Decreased activity (2,264 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Decreased activity:
- Hiv infection: 534 reports
- Asthma: 505 reports
- Depression: 428 reports
- High blood pressure: 417 reports
- Pain: 406 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Decreased activity:
- Decreased activity (1,224 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on methimazole (the active ingredients of Tapazole) and Tapazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Thorazine and Aggression - 5 seconds ago
- Clostridium Difficile Colitis and drugs of ingredients of ampicillin/ampicillin trihydrate; probenecid - 9 seconds ago
- Actonel and Aortic Valve Calcification - 11 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Malignant Hypertension (Arteriolar Nephrosclerosis) - 57 seconds ago
- Entocort Ec and Blood Testosterone Decreased - a minute ago
- Rifinah and Speech Impairment (Adult) - 2 minutes ago
- Drug Withdrawal Headache and drugs of ingredients of fentanyl citrate - 2 minutes ago
- Baby Aspirin and Nail Ridging - 2 minutes ago
- Imodium and Volvulus - 2 minutes ago
- Cerebrohepatorenal Syndrome and Epilepsy - 3 minutes ago