Tarceva and Dyskinesia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dyskinesia is found among people who take Tarceva, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tarceva and have Dyskinesia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,652 people who have side effects when taking Tarceva from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
30,652 people reported to have side effects when taking Tarceva.
Among them, 6 people (0.02%) have Dyskinesia.
What is Tarceva?
Tarceva has active ingredients of erlotinib hydrochloride. It is often used in lung cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 30,893 Tarceva users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dyskinesia?
Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement) is found to be associated with 2,213 drugs and 1,718 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tarceva and Dyskinesia reports submitted per year:
Time on Tarceva when people have Dyskinesia *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dyskinesia when taking Tarceva *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Dyskinesia when taking Tarceva *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Tarceva *:
- Zelboraf: 1 person, 16.67%
- Duragesic-100: 1 person, 16.67%
- Digoxin: 1 person, 16.67%
- Diamox: 1 person, 16.67%
- Decadron: 1 person, 16.67%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 16.67%
- Coumadin: 1 person, 16.67%
- Celexa: 1 person, 16.67%
- Cardizem: 1 person, 16.67%
- Bumex: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Dyskinesia *:
- Weakness: 2 people, 33.33%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 33.33%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 1 person, 16.67%
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 16.67%
- Faecal Incontinence (a lack of control over passing stool): 1 person, 16.67%
- Eye Pruritus (eye itching): 1 person, 16.67%
- Excoriation (to tear or wear off the skin of): 1 person, 16.67%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 1 person, 16.67%
- Drug Ineffective: 1 person, 16.67%
- Diverticulum (out pouching of a hollow (or a fluid-filled) structure in the body): 1 person, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 2 people, 33.33%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 16.67%
- Rashes (redness): 1 person, 16.67%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 1 person, 16.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 16.67%
- Metastatic Malignant Melanoma (spreadable cancer tumour of melanine): 1 person, 16.67%
- Glioblastoma Multiforme (most common and deadliest of malignant primary brain tumours in adults): 1 person, 16.67%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tarceva and have Dyskinesia?Check whether Dyskinesia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dyskinesia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of erlotinib hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tarceva:
- Tarceva (30,893 reports)
Common Tarceva side effects:
- Death: 11,145 reports
- Rashes (redness): 5,715 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,971 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,587 reports
- Dry skin: 1,084 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,047 reports
- Appetite - decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 987 reports
Browse all side effects of Tarceva:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dyskinesia treatments and more:
- Dyskinesia (44,957 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dyskinesia:
- Dyskinesia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dyskinesia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dyskinesia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dyskinesia:
- Metoclopramide: 3,102 reports
- Clopra: 3,102 reports
- Abilify: 1,897 reports
- Sinemet: 1,608 reports
- Risperdal: 1,574 reports
- Gabapentin: 1,506 reports
- Aspirin: 1,413 reports
- Seroquel: 1,372 reports
- Lyrica: 1,339 reports
- Clonazepam: 1,337 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dyskinesia:
- Dyskinesia (2,213 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dyskinesia:
- Parkinson's disease: 7,689 reports
- Depression: 2,576 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,479 reports
- Pain: 1,332 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dyskinesia:
- Dyskinesia (1,718 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on erlotinib hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Tarceva) and Tarceva (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rocephin and Aleve drug interaction - now
- Demadex and Large Intestine Perforation - a second ago
- Cardiac Failure and drugs of ingredients of polypodium leucotomos - 6 seconds ago
- L-Lysine and Sorafenib drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Tazidime and Csf Collection - 12 seconds ago
- Triamcinolone Acetate and Escitalopram drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Fenofibrate and Intra-Abdominal Haematoma - 18 seconds ago
- Orencia and Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis - 23 seconds ago
- High Blood Pressure and Feeding Disorder - 26 seconds ago
- Xolair and Cervix Carcinoma Stage Ii - 29 seconds ago