Tavist and Gastroesophageal reflux disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastroesophageal reflux disease is reported only by a few people who take Tavist.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tavist and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,140 people who have side effects while taking Tavist from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,140 people reported to have side effects when taking Tavist.
Among them, 5 people (0.23%) have Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
What is Tavist?
Tavist has active ingredients of clemastine fumarate. eHealthMe is studying from 2,148 Tavist users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastroesophageal reflux disease?
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) is found to be associated with 3,734 drugs and 3,293 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tavist and Gastroesophageal reflux disease reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastroesophageal reflux disease when taking Tavist *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Gastroesophageal reflux disease when taking Tavist *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 40 %
- 60+: 40 %
Common drugs people take besides Tavist *:
- Coumadin: 3 people, 60.00%
- Topamax: 2 people, 40.00%
- Zoloft: 2 people, 40.00%
- Nexium: 2 people, 40.00%
- Synthroid: 2 people, 40.00%
- Tylenol: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fentanyl-100: 1 person, 20.00%
- Flexeril: 1 person, 20.00%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 20.00%
- Fosamax: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Gastroesophageal reflux disease *:
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 2 people, 40.00%
- Haemorrhagic Stroke (stroke caused by the rupture of a blood vessel in the brain): 2 people, 40.00%
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 2 people, 40.00%
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling): 2 people, 40.00%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 40.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 40.00%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 2 people, 40.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 40.00%
- Diplopia (double vision): 2 people, 40.00%
- Weakness: 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Allergies (allergy to multiple agents): 1 person, 20.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tavist and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease?Check whether Gastroesophageal reflux disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Gastroesophageal reflux disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of clemastine fumarate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tavist:
- Tavist (2,148 reports)
Common Tavist side effects:
- Pain: 522 reports
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 370 reports
- High blood pressure: 295 reports
- Heart attack: 206 reports
Browse all side effects of Tavist:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastroesophageal reflux disease treatments and more:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (399,856 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastroesophageal reflux disease:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastroesophageal reflux disease:
- Nexium: 11,578 reports
- Fosamax: 6,886 reports
- Prednisone: 6,698 reports
- Prilosec: 6,647 reports
- Aspirin: 6,614 reports
- Omeprazole: 6,286 reports
- Protonix: 4,609 reports
- Prevacid: 4,493 reports
- Vioxx: 4,383 reports
- Pantoprazole: 4,311 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastroesophageal reflux disease:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (3,734 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastroesophageal reflux disease:
- High blood pressure: 8,283 reports
- Osteoporosis: 6,304 reports
- Pain: 4,963 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Gastroesophageal reflux disease:
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (3,293 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on clemastine fumarate (the active ingredients of Tavist) and Tavist (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Flolan and Retinopathy Of Prematurity - 17 seconds ago
- Nasalide and Augmentin drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Colistimethate Sodium and Sodium Chloride 0.9% drug interaction - 34 seconds ago
- How effective is Methotrexate for Sarcoidosis? - 45 seconds ago
- Tysabri and Skin Mass - 48 seconds ago
- Bleomycin Sulfate and Foot Fracture - 51 seconds ago
- Vitamin B and Pleural Effusion - a minute ago
- Citalopram Hydrobromide and Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods - a minute ago
- Breo Ellipta and Tooth Abscess - a minute ago
- Paracetamol and Midodrine Hydrochloride drug interaction - a minute ago