Taxol and Thrombophlebitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Thrombophlebitis is found among people who take Taxol, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Taxol and have Thrombophlebitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 31,877 people who have side effects when taking Taxol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
31,877 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxol.
Among them, 52 people (0.16%) have Thrombophlebitis.
What is Taxol?
Taxol has active ingredients of paclitaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 32,112 Taxol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Thrombophlebitis?
Thrombophlebitis (swelling (inflammation) of a vein caused by a blood clot) is found to be associated with 1,714 drugs and 1,159 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Taxol and Thrombophlebitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Taxol when people have Thrombophlebitis *:
- < 1 month: 31.82 %
- 1 - 6 months: 54.55 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.09 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.55 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Thrombophlebitis when taking Taxol *:
- female: 56.86 %
- male: 43.14 %
Age of people who have Thrombophlebitis when taking Taxol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.17 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 15.22 %
- 50-59: 50.0 %
- 60+: 32.61 %
Common drugs people take besides Taxol *:
- Zometa: 17 people, 32.69%
- Aredia: 16 people, 30.77%
- Zoloft: 13 people, 25.00%
- Dilaudid: 13 people, 25.00%
- Carboplatin: 13 people, 25.00%
- Taxotere: 12 people, 23.08%
- Duragesic-100: 12 people, 23.08%
- Diflucan: 12 people, 23.08%
- Prilosec: 12 people, 23.08%
- Lovenox: 12 people, 23.08%
Common side effects people have besides Thrombophlebitis *:
- Pain In Extremity: 21 people, 40.38%
- Infection: 17 people, 32.69%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 17 people, 32.69%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 16 people, 30.77%
- Back Pain: 15 people, 28.85%
- Pain In Jaw: 15 people, 28.85%
- Breathing Difficulty: 15 people, 28.85%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 14 people, 26.92%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 14 people, 26.92%
- Toothaches (tooth pain): 13 people, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 16 people, 30.77%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 16 people, 30.77%
- Cervix Carcinoma (cancer of cervix): 4 people, 7.69%
- Hypersensitivity: 4 people, 7.69%
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 3 people, 5.77%
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 3 people, 5.77%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 1 person, 1.92%
- Endometrial Cancer Stage Iv: 1 person, 1.92%
- Breast Cancer Recurrent: 1 person, 1.92%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 1 person, 1.92%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Taxol and have Thrombophlebitis?Check whether Thrombophlebitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Thrombophlebitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of paclitaxel:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Taxol:
- Taxol (32,112 reports)
Common Taxol side effects:
Browse all side effects of Taxol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Thrombophlebitis treatments and more:
- Thrombophlebitis (12,353 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Thrombophlebitis:
- Thrombophlebitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Thrombophlebitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Thrombophlebitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Thrombophlebitis:
All the drugs that are associated with Thrombophlebitis:
- Thrombophlebitis (1,714 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Thrombophlebitis:
All the conditions that are associated with Thrombophlebitis:
- Thrombophlebitis (1,159 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on paclitaxel (the active ingredients of Taxol) and Taxol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Carbamazepine and Acinetobacter Test Positive - 8 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Synovial Cyst - 22 seconds ago
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride and Acne - 34 seconds ago
- Tolmetin Sodium and Pleural Effusion - 38 seconds ago
- Lexapro and Neupogen drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Hypertonic Bladder and Gastrointestinal Perforation - 56 seconds ago
- Maxalt and Joint Pain - a minute ago
- Buspirone Hydrochloride and Cenestin drug interaction - a minute ago
- Seasonal Allergy and Delirium - a minute ago
- Carisoprodol and Zopiclone drug interaction - a minute ago