Taxotere and Conjunctivitis - from FDA reports
Conjunctivitis is found among people who take Taxotere, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Conjunctivitis with Taxotere. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 23,597 people who have side effects when taking Taxotere from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 07, 2018
23,597 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxotere.
Among them, 96 people (0.41%) have Conjunctivitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Taxotere when people have Conjunctivitis *:
- < 1 month: 67.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 32.14 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Conjunctivitis when taking Taxotere *:
- female: 77.89 %
- male: 22.11 %
Age of people who have Conjunctivitis when taking Taxotere *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.68 %
- 40-49: 23.86 %
- 50-59: 31.82 %
- 60+: 38.64 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (19 people, 19.79%)
- Colorectal Cancer Metastatic (5 people, 5.21%)
- Prostate Cancer Metastatic (4 people, 4.17%)
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (4 people, 4.17%)
- Prostate Cancer (3 people, 3.12%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (44 people, 45.83%)
- Aredia (40 people, 41.67%)
- Lipitor (30 people, 31.25%)
- Arimidex (29 people, 30.21%)
- Dexamethasone (26 people, 27.08%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Back Pain (49 people, 51.04%)
- Stress And Anxiety (48 people, 50.00%)
- Pain (42 people, 43.75%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (42 people, 43.75%)
- Headache (40 people, 41.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Conjunctivitis when taking Taxotere?
- Check symptoms - is conjunctivitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsConjunctivitis and drugs with ingredients of docetaxel.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeConjunctivitis and Taxotere from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Taxotere has active ingredients of docetaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxotere 23,783 users)
Conjunctivitis (pink eye) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy (latest reports from 8,109 Conjunctivitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Taxoterea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ConjunctivitisConjunctivitis
Could your condition cause ConjunctivitisConjunctivitis
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Byun JS, Kang SH, Lee MJ, Kim SY, Choi HG, Lee HR, "A Case of Scleroderma-like Cutaneous Lesions Induced by Docetaxel in a Patient with Breast Cancer", Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, 2013 Oct .
What would happen?
User posts to the study
I am 70 years old lady . I am having Lung Cancer for nearly 3 years . In 2015 I took Carboplatin as Chemotherapy and also took Radiation Therapy . I did not have much reaction then except Discolouration of hand & toe nails and occaisional dizziness. This year I was given Taxotere- 6 rounds ...
I’m a stage 2B HER2 Positive breast cancer survivor and fellow sufferer of the effects of Taxol, Tamoxifen, and radiation. My father-in- law was a dentist, so I had free dental care, and together we took excellent care of my teeth before, during, and after cancer treatment. Upon beginning Taxol ...
I started birth control about a year ago and since then have had pink eye 4 times... Before birth control I had only had pink eye once many years ago.. is it possible that my birth control had caused me to get pink eye