Taxotere and Hypersensitivity - from FDA reports
Hypersensitivity is found among people who take Taxotere, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neulasta, and have Pain. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 34,357 people who have side effects when taking Taxotere from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
34,357 people reported to have side effects when taking Taxotere.
Among them, 311 people (0.91%) have Hypersensitivity
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Taxotere when people have Hypersensitivity *:
- < 1 month: 75.93 %
- 1 - 6 months: 21.3 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.93 %
- 1 - 2 years: 1.85 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypersensitivity when taking Taxotere *:
- female: 77.01 %
- male: 22.99 %
Age of people who have Hypersensitivity when taking Taxotere *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.02 %
- 40-49: 25.46 %
- 50-59: 24.54 %
- 60+: 43.98 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 12 people, 3.86%
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 9 people, 2.89%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 9 people, 2.89%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 8 people, 2.57%
- Ovarian Cancer (cancer of ovary): 7 people, 2.25%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Neulasta: 58 people, 18.65%
- Herceptin: 49 people, 15.76%
- Decadron: 44 people, 14.15%
- Carboplatin: 37 people, 11.90%
- Cytoxan: 31 people, 9.97%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Breathing Difficulty: 70 people, 22.51%
- Rashes (redness): 54 people, 17.36%
- Skin Blushing/flushing (a sudden reddening of the face, neck): 30 people, 9.65%
- Diarrhea: 27 people, 8.68%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 27 people, 8.68%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypersensitivity while taking Taxotere?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Hypersensitivity
- Subscribe to monitor Hypersensitivity in Taxotere
You are not alone:
Taxotere has active ingredients of docetaxel. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Taxotere 34,543 users)
Hypersensitivity has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, asthma, pain (latest reports from 140,764 Hypersensitivity patients).
Drugs that are associated with HypersensitivityHypersensitivity (2,704 drugs)
Could your condition cause HypersensitivityHypersensitivity (2,636 conditions)
Taxotere side effects
- Taxotere side effects (34,405 reports)
Browse all side effects of Taxoterea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Byun JS, Kang SH, Lee MJ, Kim SY, Choi HG, Lee HR, "A Case of Scleroderma-like Cutaneous Lesions Induced by Docetaxel in a Patient with Breast Cancer", Journal of Rheumatic Diseases, 2013 Oct .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Radiation Pneumonitis with Mucinex? - a second ago
- Pregabalin and Valeriane drug interaction - a second ago
- Crestor and Aldactone drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Benicar Hct and Nymphaea Odorata drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Dysthymia with Lovenox? - 3 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Phentermine for a 37 year old woman - 10 minutes ago
- Drug comparison of Forteo, Tymlos for a 64 year old woman - an hour ago
- Prediction of Pristiq for a 56 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 61 year old man who takes Loratadine - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Metoprolol Tartrate - 3 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.