Tazorac and Eye swelling - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Eye swelling is found among people who take Tazorac, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tazorac and have Eye swelling. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 946 people who have side effects when taking Tazorac from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
946 people reported to have side effects when taking Tazorac.
Among them, 13 people (1.37%) have Eye swelling.
What is Tazorac?
Tazorac has active ingredients of tazarotene. It is often used in acne. eHealthMe is studying from 972 Tazorac users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Eye swelling?
Eye swelling is found to be associated with 1,974 drugs and 1,507 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tazorac and Eye swelling reports submitted per year:
Time on Tazorac when people have Eye swelling *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Eye swelling when taking Tazorac *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Eye swelling when taking Tazorac *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 8.33 %
- 30-39: 75.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Tazorac *:
- Zofran: 9 people, 69.23%
- Letrozole: 9 people, 69.23%
- Actonel: 9 people, 69.23%
- Adriamycin Pfs: 9 people, 69.23%
- Aloxi: 9 people, 69.23%
- Aranesp: 9 people, 69.23%
- Ativan: 9 people, 69.23%
- Cyclophosphamide: 9 people, 69.23%
- Cytoxan: 9 people, 69.23%
- Decadron: 9 people, 69.23%
Common side effects people have besides Eye swelling *:
- Rashes (redness): 11 people, 84.62%
- Pain: 10 people, 76.92%
- Hypersensitivity: 10 people, 76.92%
- Eyelid Oedema (eyelids are swollen and contain excessive fluid): 10 people, 76.92%
- Weight Increased: 9 people, 69.23%
- Hair Loss: 9 people, 69.23%
- Metastatic Neoplasm (spreadable cancer tumour): 9 people, 69.23%
- Menopause (end of monthly cycles in women): 9 people, 69.23%
- Joint Stiffness: 9 people, 69.23%
- Vulvovaginal Dryness: 9 people, 69.23%
Common conditions people have *:
- Vitiligo (pigment is lost from areas of the skin): 9 people, 69.23%
- Skin Wrinkling (wrinkle on skin): 1 person, 7.69%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 1 person, 7.69%
- Hidradenitis (chronic disease of a type of sweat gland): 1 person, 7.69%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tazorac and have Eye swelling?Check whether Eye swelling is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Eye swelling and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of tazarotene:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tazorac:
- Tazorac (972 reports)
Eye swelling treatments and more:
- Eye swelling (31,076 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Eye swelling:
- Eye swelling in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Eye swelling in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Eye swelling in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Eye swelling:
All the drugs that are associated with Eye swelling:
- Eye swelling (1,974 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Eye swelling:
All the conditions that are associated with Eye swelling:
- Eye swelling (1,507 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on tazarotene (the active ingredients of Tazorac) and Tazorac (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Iron Overload and Emotional Distress - 4 seconds ago
- Escitalopram and Riluzole drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Covera-Hs and Toothaches - 14 seconds ago
- Covera-Hs and Nasal Congestion - 15 seconds ago
- Nasacort and Esomeprazole Sodium drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Adderall 5 and Parkinsonism Aggravated - 19 seconds ago
- Lumigan and Ubidecarenone drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Seronegative Arthritis and Asthma - 32 seconds ago
- Multiple Myeloma and Lung Adenocarcinoma Metastatic - 35 seconds ago
- Salagen and Pancreatitis Acute - 40 seconds ago