Tegretol and Drug abuse and dependence - from FDA reports
Drug abuse and dependence is found among people who take Tegretol, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Seroquel, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Drug abuse and dependence with Tegretol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,225 people who have side effects when taking Tegretol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 24, 2017
32,225 people reported to have side effects when taking Tegretol.
Among them, 163 people (0.51%) have Drug abuse and dependence
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tegretol when people have Drug abuse and dependence *:
- < 1 month: 96.88 %
- 1 - 6 months: 1.56 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.56 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Drug abuse and dependence when taking Tegretol *:
- female: 54.72 %
- male: 45.28 %
Age of people who have Drug abuse and dependence when taking Tegretol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.72 %
- 10-19: 5.76 %
- 20-29: 7.91 %
- 30-39: 44.6 %
- 40-49: 15.11 %
- 50-59: 12.23 %
- 60+: 13.67 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (22 people, 13.50%)
- Affective Disorder (12 people, 7.36%)
- Suicide Attempt (9 people, 5.52%)
- Bipolar Disorder (7 people, 4.29%)
- Personality Disorder (5 people, 3.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (57 people, 34.97%)
- Neurontin (33 people, 20.25%)
- Vicodin (31 people, 19.02%)
- Risperdal (27 people, 16.56%)
- Ativan (26 people, 15.95%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (41 people, 25.15%)
- Drug Dependence (36 people, 22.09%)
- Pain (31 people, 19.02%)
- Headache (31 people, 19.02%)
- Breathing Difficulty (30 people, 18.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Drug abuse and dependence when taking Tegretol?
- Check symptoms - is drug abuse and dependence caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDrug abuse and dependence and drugs with ingredients of carbamazepine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDrug abuse and dependence and Tegretol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Tegretol 33,901 users)
Drug abuse and dependence
Drug abuse and dependence has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, pain, depression (latest reports from 42,974 Drug abuse and dependence patients).
Browse all side effects of Tegretola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Drug abuse and dependenceDrug abuse and dependence
Could your condition cause Drug abuse and dependenceDrug abuse and dependence
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Puvanendran R, Teo HZ, "Case report of use of Black Cohosh for carbamazepine induced hot flushes in a post menopausal woman", Maturitas, 2017 Jun .
- Yavaşoğlu I, Sargın G, Demirbulat A, "Carbamazepine and hematological malignancies", Turkish journal of haematology: official journal of Turkish Society of Haematology, 2013 Jan .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I take Tegretol for trigeminal neuralgia and several months ago was prescribed Elyquis, a blood thinner/anti-coagulant. For several hours every day, I am fatigued beyond believable, pasty-white in my face and have difficulty breathing/shortness of breath. Has anyone else experienced this? My ...
I had to stop taking tegretol suddenly due to liver inflammation. I now have significant olfactory problems. Will this go away when I am over the withdrawal? Would it help to start taking a bit again so the withdrawal isn't so sudden?
User posts to the study
I am Teresa Ellis, 60 year old that is waiting for my first delivery of Tegretol 200 mg 2 times a day. My doctor opted to start this medication as I am having issues with feelings and situations that leave me very empty and sad. Plus I have been in pain since June of 2017 and the only relief I ...
I am 50 and took Tegritol XR for 20 years for epilepsy. I had no idea about that it caused arthritis. My neurologist told me about 4 years ago and I switched to Keppra. However, I developed severe arthritis in my spine, that lead to stenosis and I had to have major spine surgery. I'm so ...