Tegretol and Eyelid twitch - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Eyelid twitch is found among people who take Tegretol, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tegretol and have Eyelid twitch. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 41,962 people who have side effects when taking Tegretol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
41,962 people reported to have side effects when taking Tegretol.
Among them, 39 people (0.09%) have Eyelid twitch.
What is Tegretol?
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. eHealthMe is studying from 43,802 Tegretol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Eyelid twitch?
Eyelid twitch (spontaneous and uncontrolled spasms of the muscles) is found to be associated with 1,413 drugs and 890 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tegretol and Eyelid twitch reports submitted per year:
Time on Tegretol when people have Eyelid twitch *:
- < 1 month: 83.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Eyelid twitch when taking Tegretol *:
- female: 64.1 %
- male: 35.9 %
Age of people who have Eyelid twitch when taking Tegretol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 16.67 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 16.67 %
- 30-39: 10.0 %
- 40-49: 33.33 %
- 50-59: 3.33 %
- 60+: 20.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Tegretol *:
- Neurontin: 12 people, 30.77%
- Depakote: 11 people, 28.21%
- Ultram: 9 people, 23.08%
- Lyrica: 9 people, 23.08%
- Dyazide: 8 people, 20.51%
- Coumadin: 8 people, 20.51%
- Percocet: 8 people, 20.51%
- Clonidine: 8 people, 20.51%
- Valtrex: 8 people, 20.51%
- Aredia: 8 people, 20.51%
Common side effects people have besides Eyelid twitch *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 15 people, 38.46%
- Fever: 14 people, 35.90%
- Visual Acuity Reduced (reduced clearness of vision): 14 people, 35.90%
- Visual Impairment: 13 people, 33.33%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 13 people, 33.33%
- Blister (small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure): 12 people, 30.77%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 11 people, 28.21%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 10 people, 25.64%
- Migraine (headache): 9 people, 23.08%
- Pain In Extremity: 9 people, 23.08%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 8 people, 20.51%
- Hypomania (a mild form of mania, marked by elation and hyperactivity): 8 people, 20.51%
- Oedema (fluid collection in tissue): 8 people, 20.51%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 5 people, 12.82%
- Protein S Deficiency: 4 people, 10.26%
- Back Pain: 3 people, 7.69%
- Psychotic Disorder: 3 people, 7.69%
- Birth Control: 3 people, 7.69%
- Partial Seizures (seizures which affect only a part of the brain at onset): 3 people, 7.69%
- Complex Partial Seizures (epileptic seizure): 3 people, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tegretol and have Eyelid twitch?Check whether Eyelid twitch is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Puvanendran R, Teo HZ, "Case report of use of Black Cohosh for carbamazepine induced hot flushes in a post menopausal woman", Maturitas, 2017 Jun .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
- Yava?o?lu I, Sarg?n G, Demirbulat A, "Carbamazepine and hematological malignancies", Turkish journal of haematology: official journal of Turkish Society of Haematology, 2013 Jan .
How severe was Eyelid twitch and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of carbamazepine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tegretol:
- Tegretol (43,802 reports)
Common Tegretol side effects:
- Fever: 2,662 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,333 reports
- Dizziness: 2,152 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,937 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,862 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,834 reports
- Weakness: 1,820 reports
Browse all side effects of Tegretol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Eyelid twitch treatments and more:
- Eyelid twitch (5,855 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Eyelid twitch:
- Eyelid twitch in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Eyelid twitch in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Eyelid twitch in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Eyelid twitch:
- Vitamin d: 202 reports
- Gilenya: 178 reports
- Tysabri: 172 reports
- Lamictal: 155 reports
- Humira: 147 reports
- Enbrel: 143 reports
- Pantoprazole: 133 reports
- Sertraline: 133 reports
- Vitamin d3: 118 reports
- Aspirin: 115 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Eyelid twitch:
- Eyelid twitch (1,413 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Eyelid twitch:
- Multiple sclerosis: 502 reports
- Depression: 214 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 162 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 151 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Eyelid twitch:
- Eyelid twitch (890 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on carbamazepine (the active ingredients of Tegretol) and Tegretol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Anafranil and Premature Labor - a second ago
- Enulose and Flushing Aggravated - 3 seconds ago
- Hydroxyzine Pamoate and Myoclonus - 4 seconds ago
- Ribavirin and Rhabdomyolysis - 5 seconds ago
- Pepcid and Plantar Fasciitis - 6 seconds ago
- Ranitidine vs. Rabeprazole - 7 seconds ago
- Furosemide and Infective Myositis - 15 seconds ago
- Herceptin and Menopausal Symptoms - 19 seconds ago
- Bactrim Ds and Abdominal Tenderness - 19 seconds ago
- Ciprofloxacin and Myoglobin Urine Present - 19 seconds ago