Tegretol and Gerd - from FDA reports
Gerd is found among people who take Tegretol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Gerd with Tegretol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,225 people who have side effects when taking Tegretol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 20, 2018
32,225 people reported to have side effects when taking Tegretol.
Among them, 216 people (0.67%) have Gerd
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tegretol when people have Gerd *:
- < 1 month: 25.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 12.5 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.5 %
- 10+ years: 25.0 %
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Tegretol *:
- female: 58.29 %
- male: 41.71 %
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Tegretol *:
- 0-1: 1.1 %
- 2-9: 0.55 %
- 10-19: 6.04 %
- 20-29: 1.65 %
- 30-39: 17.03 %
- 40-49: 17.03 %
- 50-59: 24.73 %
- 60+: 31.87 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain (58 people, 26.85%)
- Depression (26 people, 12.04%)
- Hypersensitivity (22 people, 10.19%)
- Bipolar Disorder (22 people, 10.19%)
- Asthma (22 people, 10.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Neurontin (59 people, 27.31%)
- Vioxx (56 people, 25.93%)
- Zoloft (48 people, 22.22%)
- Zometa (42 people, 19.44%)
- Nexium (42 people, 19.44%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (98 people, 45.37%)
- Depression (74 people, 34.26%)
- Fall (68 people, 31.48%)
- Stress And Anxiety (67 people, 31.02%)
- Nausea (65 people, 30.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Gerd when taking Tegretol?
- Check symptoms - is gerd caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGerd and drugs with ingredients of carbamazepine.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGerd and Tegretol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Tegretol 33,901 users)
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,273 Gerd patients).
Browse all side effects of Tegretola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GerdGerd
Could your condition cause GerdGerd
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Puvanendran R, Teo HZ, "Case report of use of Black Cohosh for carbamazepine induced hot flushes in a post menopausal woman", Maturitas, 2017 Jun .
- Yavaşoğlu I, Sargın G, Demirbulat A, "Carbamazepine and hematological malignancies", Turkish journal of haematology: official journal of Turkish Society of Haematology, 2013 Jan .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi myself sunil from india. I am suffering from elevated serum bilirubin (2.7 to 3 mg dl) my doctor said me you have Gilbert syndrome but i have acid reflux and sinus problem as well. Will somebody throws light on relationship between these three problem and how can i deal with
I never had a problem digesting anything at all. That is, until I took one flori acid pill,and one vitamin d pill. Now I can't enjoy so much as a cup of coffee. This air bubble in my throat is there day and night. I want my life back. I bought activated charcoal, ginger tea, Tums, Beano. Still ...
I take Tegretol for trigeminal neuralgia and several months ago was prescribed Elyquis, a blood thinner/anti-coagulant. For several hours every day, I am fatigued beyond believable, pasty-white in my face and have difficulty breathing/shortness of breath. Has anyone else experienced this? My ...
I have recently started taking sulfasalizine for RA. I also take Methotrexate and Plaquinil and Nexium. Since starting the sulfa drug I have extreme acid reflux. Nothing I try to take to relieve it is helping. Is this common with sulfasalizine and will it get better after I have been on it for ...