Tegretol and Gerd - from FDA reports
Gerd is found among people who take Tegretol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Gerd with Tegretol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,225 people who have side effects when taking Tegretol from FDA, and is updated regularly.
32,225 people reported to have side effects when taking Tegretol.
Among them, 216 people (0.67%) have Gerd
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tegretol when people have Gerd *:
- < 1 month: 22.22 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.11 %
- 6 - 12 months: 22.22 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 11.11 %
- 5 - 10 years: 11.11 %
- 10+ years: 22.22 %
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Tegretol *:
- female: 58.29 %
- male: 41.71 %
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Tegretol *:
- 0-1: 1.1 %
- 2-9: 0.55 %
- 10-19: 6.04 %
- 20-29: 1.65 %
- 30-39: 17.03 %
- 40-49: 17.03 %
- 50-59: 24.73 %
- 60+: 31.87 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 58 people, 26.85%
- Depression: 26 people, 12.04%
- Asthma: 22 people, 10.19%
- Hypersensitivity: 22 people, 10.19%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 22 people, 10.19%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Neurontin: 59 people, 27.31%
- Vioxx: 56 people, 25.93%
- Zoloft: 48 people, 22.22%
- Zometa: 42 people, 19.44%
- Nexium: 42 people, 19.44%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain: 98 people, 45.37%
- Depression: 74 people, 34.26%
- Fall: 68 people, 31.48%
- Stress And Anxiety: 67 people, 31.02%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 65 people, 30.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Gerd in Tegretol
- Subscribe to monitor Tegretol
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Gerd
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Tegretol has active ingredients of carbamazepine. It is often used in epilepsy. (latest outcomes from Tegretol 33,903 users)
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,291 Gerd patients).
Drugs that are associated with GerdGerd (2,191 drugs)
Could your condition cause GerdGerd (2,120 conditions)
Tegretol side effects
- Tegretol side effects (32,242 reports)
Browse all side effects of Tegretola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Puvanendran R, Teo HZ, "Case report of use of Black Cohosh for carbamazepine induced hot flushes in a post menopausal woman", Maturitas, 2017 Jun .
- Yavaşoğlu I, Sargın G, Demirbulat A, "Carbamazepine and hematological malignancies", Turkish journal of haematology: official journal of Turkish Society of Haematology, 2013 Jan .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Tegretol and have Gerd
- Support group for people who have Gerd
- Support group for people who take Tegretol
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi, Jane here., I have accid reflux with slurred speech. I lost my timing first and developed slurred speech. On an 18 month waiting list to see a neurologist. I had a.c.d.f. Spinal surgery 2years Ago anyone similar? I am a senior female.
- ViCTOZA and Nexium effects. I have been nexium for years without any problems, and I just started taking ViCTOZA a week and a half ago. The first week at .06 measurements I seemed fine but when I increased it to 1.2 amount,I immediately started getting really bad heartburn. Has anyone else...
- Sue from Christchurch nz have a slight pressure from time to time behind my voice box and trouble going to sleep
- Hello, my name is Hanneke from Holland. (sorry for the bad Englisch) I am 58 years old and suffer from purpura since 2017. Severe purpura btw....
- I have started to have blood clots in my leg and didn't realize that the combination of lenexa and tegretol could do that to me. Has anyone else had this problem?
- What to expect when you take Neumega and have Rubor?
- Will you have Hot Flash with Activase?
- Will you have Pruritus with Desloratadine?
- Amoxicillin and Altabax drug interaction
- Benadryl and Oxcarbazepine drug interaction
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Activase and have Hot Flash?
- Support group for people who take Desloratadine and have Pruritus?
- Support group for people who take Amoxicillin and Altabax
- Support group for people who take Benadryl and Oxcarbazepine
- Support group for people who take Anafranil and have Cerebral Ventricle Dilatation?
- My name is Tochi. I started taking folic acid 400mg and evening primrose oil 100g daily since...
- Hello My name is Beverly I took xarelto for 4 days now with vision issues: double vision and...
- I’m so upset no one told me I would lose my hair. Does it grow back when you get off Vesicare?
- I am a mum for ASD child 8 years and recently I try strattera for him and he developed aggression
- Hello, My name is Carla. I'm a 70-yr.old woman, who had open heart, double by-pass surgery in...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.