Telmisartan and Eczema - from FDA reports
Eczema is reported only by a few people who take Telmisartan. We study 2,047 people who have side effects while taking Telmisartan from FDA. Among them, 4 have Eczema. Find out below who they are, when they have Eczema and more.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
2,047 people reported to have side effects when taking Telmisartan.
Among them, 4 people (0.2%) have Eczema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Eczema when taking Telmisartan *:
- female: 75 %
- male: 25 %
Age of people who have Eczema when taking Telmisartan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Trigeminal Neuralgia (a painful condition of the nerve responsible for most facial sensation): 2 people, 50.00%
- Tonsillitis (inflammation of tonsil): 1 person, 25.00%
- Lupus Nephritis (a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder that may affect kidney tissue): 1 person, 25.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 25.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tegretol: 2 people, 50.00%
- Yaz: 1 person, 25.00%
- Prograf: 1 person, 25.00%
- Prednisolone: 1 person, 25.00%
- Nexium: 1 person, 25.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever: 3 people, 75.00%
- Hepatic Function Abnormal: 2 people, 50.00%
- Itching: 2 people, 50.00%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 2 people, 50.00%
- Depressed Level Of Consciousness: 2 people, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Eczema while taking Telmisartan?
You are not alone:
Telmisartan has active ingredients of telmisartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Telmisartan 2,266 users)
Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, asthma, crohn's disease (latest reports from 18,131 Eczema patients).
Drugs that are associated with EczemaEczema (1,889 drugs)
Could your condition cause EczemaEczema (1,422 conditions)
Telmisartan side effects
- Telmisartan side effects (2,047 reports)
Browse all side effects of Telmisartana b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Kim HK, Youm JB, Lee SR, Lim SE, Lee SY, Ko TH, Nilius B, Noh JH, Ko KS, Rhee BD, Kim N, "The angiotensin receptor blocker and PPAR-γ agonist, telmisartan, delays inactivation of voltage-gated sodium channel in rat heart: novel mechanism of drug action", Pflügers Archiv-European Journal of Physiology, 2012 Dec .
- Kato Y, Mukai Y, Rane A, Inotsume N, Toda T, "The inhibitory effect of telmisartan on the metabolism of arachidonic acid by CYP2C9 and CYP2C8: an in vitro study", Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, 2017 Sep .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Anger with Prevpac? - a second ago
- Will you have Salivary Gland Disorder with Cefixime? - a second ago
- Will you have Weight Control with Evekeo? - a second ago
- Will you have Abdominal Wall Cyst with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Colon Cancer with Rosuvastatin Calcium? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 21 year old man who takes Wellbutrin, Lexapro - 55 minutes ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Bisoprolol Fumarate, Farxiga, Lipitor, Lansoprazole, Repaglinide, Levemir, Irbesartan, Glucophage Xr, Aspirin, Victoza - an hour ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Tri-estarylla - an hour ago
- A study for a 41 year old woman who takes Famotidine - an hour ago
- Prediction of Dulera, Cabergoline, Iron Edta, Allegra Allergy for a 29 year old woman - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.