Temaz and Hypotonia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 39,293 people who have side effects when taking Temaz. Hypotonia is found, especially among people who are male, 30-39 old, also take Risperdal and have Pain.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Temaz and have Hypotonia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
39,293 people reported to have side effects when taking Temaz.
Among them, 34 people (0.09%) have Hypotonia.
What is Temaz?
Temaz has active ingredients of temazepam. It is used in insomnia. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 40,654 Temaz users.
What is Hypotonia?
Hypotonia (low muscle tone) is found to be associated with 1,962 drugs and 1,681 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 14,155 people who have Hypotonia.
Number of Temaz and Hypotonia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypotonia when taking Temaz *:
- female: 41.18 %
- male: 58.82 %
Age of people who have Hypotonia when taking Temaz *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 10.34 %
- 30-39: 44.83 %
- 40-49: 3.45 %
- 50-59: 13.79 %
- 60+: 27.59 %
Common drugs people take besides Temaz *:
- Risperdal: 6 people, 17.65%
- Lidoderm: 5 people, 14.71%
- Synthroid: 5 people, 14.71%
- Vicodin: 4 people, 11.76%
- Naltrexone: 4 people, 11.76%
- Lortab: 4 people, 11.76%
- Norco: 4 people, 11.76%
- Furosemide: 4 people, 11.76%
- Restoril: 4 people, 11.76%
- Aspirin: 4 people, 11.76%
Common side effects people have besides Hypotonia *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 16 people, 47.06%
- Memory Loss: 14 people, 41.18%
- Depressed Level Of Consciousness: 12 people, 35.29%
- Weakness: 11 people, 32.35%
- Heart Rate Increased: 11 people, 32.35%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 11 people, 32.35%
- Peripheral Coldness: 11 people, 32.35%
- Drowsiness: 11 people, 32.35%
- Speech Impairment (Adult) (inability to speak (adult)): 10 people, 29.41%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 10 people, 29.41%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 7 people, 20.59%
- Epilepsy (common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders characterized by seizures): 6 people, 17.65%
- Hostility: 5 people, 14.71%
- Sleep Disorder: 3 people, 8.82%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 3 people, 8.82%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 8.82%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 3 people, 8.82%
- Mania (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood): 2 people, 5.88%
- Muscle Spasticity (tight or stiff muscles and an inability to control those muscles): 2 people, 5.88%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Temaz and have Hypotonia?Check whether Hypotonia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Temaz side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Temaz side effects (40,654 reports)
Hypotonia treatments and more:
- Hypotonia (14,155 reports)
Common drugs associated with Hypotonia:
- Lioresal: 760 reports
- Baclofen: 558 reports
- Aspirin: 333 reports
- Prednisone: 300 reports
- Omeprazole: 288 reports
- Diazepam: 258 reports
- Avonex: 258 reports
- Furosemide: 241 reports
- Loraz: 236 reports
- Valproate sodium: 235 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hypotonia:
- Hypotonia (1,962 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hypotonia:
- Multiple sclerosis: 671 reports
- Depression: 415 reports
- High blood pressure: 371 reports
- Epilepsy: 309 reports
- Pain: 274 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hypotonia:
- Hypotonia (1,681 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on temazepam (the active ingredients of Temaz) and Temaz (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Eurax and Tamsulosin Hydrochloride drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Palonosetron and Seizures - 27 seconds ago
- Effexor and Pain - 29 seconds ago
- Risperdal and Dyskinesia Aggravated - 45 seconds ago
- Lisinopril and Vocal Cord Thickening - 46 seconds ago
- Albuterol and Efinaconazole drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Ciprodex and Dehydration - 56 seconds ago
- Nardil and Bisacodyl drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Gliclazide and Desonide drug interaction - 58 seconds ago
- Vasotec and Respiratory Failure (Excl Neonatal) - a minute ago