Tenex and Aggression - from FDA reports
Aggression is found among people who take Tenex, especially for people who are male, 10-19 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Risperdal, and have Bipolar disorder. This review analyzes which people have Aggression with Tenex. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,273 people who have side effects when taking Tenex from FDA, and is updated regularly.
1,273 people reported to have side effects when taking Tenex.
Among them, 68 people (5.34%) have Aggression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Tenex when people have Aggression *:
- < 1 month: 25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Aggression when taking Tenex *:
- female: 29.23 %
- male: 70.77 %
Age of people who have Aggression when taking Tenex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 42.86 %
- 10-19: 53.57 %
- 20-29: 1.79 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 1.79 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 9 people, 13.24%
- Depression: 4 people, 5.88%
- Autism (a mental condition, present from early childhood, characterized by difficulty in communicating and forming relationships with other people and in using language and abstract concepts): 4 people, 5.88%
- Tuberous Sclerosis (a rare genetic disease that causes benign tumours to grow in the brain and other organs): 3 people, 4.41%
- Affective Disorder (mental disorder): 3 people, 4.41%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Risperdal: 15 people, 22.06%
- Strattera: 14 people, 20.59%
- Seroquel: 11 people, 16.18%
- Abilify: 10 people, 14.71%
- Depakote: 10 people, 14.71%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Abnormal Behavior: 20 people, 29.41%
- Irritability: 17 people, 25.00%
- Anger: 12 people, 17.65%
- Drug Ineffective: 10 people, 14.71%
- Weight Increased: 10 people, 14.71%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Aggression in Tenex
- Subscribe to monitor Tenex
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Aggression
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Tenex has active ingredients of guanfacine hydrochloride. It is often used in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest outcomes from Tenex 1,502 users)
Aggression has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety, schizophrenia (latest reports from 41,223 Aggression patients).
Drugs that are associated with AggressionAggression (1,995 drugs)
Could your condition cause AggressionAggression (1,721 conditions)
Tenex side effects
- Tenex side effects (1,274 reports)
Browse all side effects of Tenexa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Tenex and have Aggression
- Support group for people who have Aggression
- Support group for people who take Tenex
You may be interested in these posts
- I am a mum for ASD child 8 years and recently I try strattera for him and he developed aggression
- Hi. I have recently changed my anti-depressant from Serdep to Brintellix and feel awful. My doctor recommended that I start on 5mg a day for 2 weeks an then increase the dose to 10mg thereafter. I have 2 young children and work full time. I am battling to cope with being very moody and...
- About 9 months ago my 7 year old started having violent meltdowns over everything. I recently learned that Zyrtec might be the culprit. Since taking him off it he has progressively improved.
- Hi, I am a parent of a 12 year old boy who has recently started taking Clozapine.
- Rage, aggression, lability since starting metformin
- Will you have Heartburn - Chronic with Magnesium?
- Will you have Hepatitis Fulminant with Azithromycin?
- Will you have Myoma with Oestrogen Replacement Therapy?
- Will you have Leiomyoma with Oestrogen Replacement Therapy?
- Will you have Fibromyoma with Oestrogen Replacement Therapy?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Magnesium and have Heartburn - Chronic?
- Support group for people who take Azithromycin and have Hepatitis Fulminant?
- Support group for people who have Oestrogen Replacement Therapy and Myoma?
- Support group for people who have Oestrogen Replacement Therapy and Leiomyoma?
- Support group for people who have Oestrogen Replacement Therapy and Fibromyoma?
- I take Benadryl throughout the day in usual doses of 75 mg to manage migraines that I started...
- Hi! I’m Barb....I only took 1 dose of mirtazapine but have felt more depressed very fearful and...
- I had sudden hearing loss this past May 2018. I went to the hospital for steroid treatments that...
- I have a donor kidney and take Mycophenolate, will smoking marijuana once in awhile make the meds...
- My name is Tochi. I started taking folic acid 400mg and evening primrose oil 100g daily since...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.