Tenormin and Cardiac valve disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 19,918 people who have side effects when taking Tenormin. Cardiac valve disease is found, especially among people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take Vioxx and have Bundle branch block right.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tenormin and have Cardiac valve disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
19,918 people reported to have side effects when taking Tenormin.
Among them, 35 people (0.18%) have Cardiac valve disease.
What is Tenormin?
Tenormin has active ingredients of atenolol. It is used in high blood pressure. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 20,307 Tenormin users.
What is Cardiac valve disease?
Cardiac valve disease (heart valve disease) is found to be associated with 1,318 drugs and 735 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 8,366 people who have Cardiac valve disease.
Number of Tenormin and Cardiac valve disease reports submitted per year:
Time on Tenormin when people have Cardiac valve disease *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cardiac valve disease when taking Tenormin *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Cardiac valve disease when taking Tenormin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 69.23 %
- 60+: 30.77 %
Common drugs people take besides Tenormin *:
- Vioxx: 21 people, 60.00%
- Celebrex: 18 people, 51.43%
- Cardizem: 17 people, 48.57%
- Glucovance: 16 people, 45.71%
- Diovan: 15 people, 42.86%
- Hygroton: 15 people, 42.86%
- Avandia: 15 people, 42.86%
- Ultram: 15 people, 42.86%
- Norco: 15 people, 42.86%
- Propecia: 15 people, 42.86%
Common side effects people have besides Cardiac valve disease *:
- Diabetes: 17 people, 48.57%
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (acute heart attack): 16 people, 45.71%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 16 people, 45.71%
- Emotional Distress: 16 people, 45.71%
- Coronary Heart Disease (narrowing or blockage of the coronary arteries): 15 people, 42.86%
- Nervousness: 15 people, 42.86%
- Muscle Strain (an injury to a muscle in which the muscle fibres tear): 15 people, 42.86%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 15 people, 42.86%
- Intervertebral Disc Protrusion (spinal disc protrusion): 14 people, 40.00%
- Hand Fracture: 13 people, 37.14%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 3 people, 8.57%
- Cardiac Disorder: 3 people, 8.57%
- Bundle Branch Block Right (absence of transmission of electric impulses from the atrioventricular (av) bundle of his to the right ventricle): 3 people, 8.57%
- Stable Angina (a constant chest pain): 2 people, 5.71%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 2 people, 5.71%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 5.71%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 2.86%
- Thyroid Diseases: 1 person, 2.86%
- Monarthritis (inflammation (arthritis) of one joint at a time): 1 person, 2.86%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 2.86%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tenormin and have Cardiac valve disease?Check whether Cardiac valve disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Tenormin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Tenormin side effects (20,307 reports)
Cardiac valve disease treatments and more:
- Cardiac valve disease (8,366 reports)
Common drugs associated with Cardiac valve disease:
- Aspirin: 570 reports
- Vioxx: 529 reports
- Lasix: 393 reports
- Furosemide: 334 reports
- Humira: 305 reports
- Coumadin: 292 reports
- Eliquis: 280 reports
- Lipitor: 274 reports
- Prednisone: 267 reports
- Avandia: 262 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Cardiac valve disease:
- Cardiac valve disease (1,318 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cardiac valve disease:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 433 reports
- High blood pressure: 334 reports
- Diabetes: 296 reports
- Osteoporosis: 277 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 244 reports
- Pain: 228 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 208 reports
- Depression: 200 reports
- Stroke: 152 reports
- Arthritis: 149 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Cardiac valve disease:
- Cardiac valve disease (735 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on atenolol (the active ingredients of Tenormin) and Tenormin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fluconazole and Vitamin D3 drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Finasteride and Nexavar drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Aldactone and Ear Barotrauma - 9 seconds ago
- Abilify and Acne - 9 seconds ago
- Glucosamine and Flunisolide drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Diclofenac Sodium and Injection Site Abscess - 48 seconds ago
- Methocarbamol and Tylenol W/ Codeine drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Lovaza and Sular drug interaction - a minute ago
- Humira and Facial Spasm - a minute ago
- Propofol and Body Temperature Increased - a minute ago