Tessalon and Large intestine perforation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Large intestine perforation is found among people who take Tessalon, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tessalon and have Large intestine perforation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 5,615 people who have side effects when taking Tessalon from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
5,615 people reported to have side effects when taking Tessalon.
Among them, 8 people (0.14%) have Large intestine perforation.
What is Tessalon?
Tessalon has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is often used in cough. eHealthMe is studying from 5,781 Tessalon users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Large intestine perforation?
Large intestine perforation (hole in large intestine) is found to be associated with 1,328 drugs and 735 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tessalon and Large intestine perforation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Large intestine perforation when taking Tessalon *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Large intestine perforation when taking Tessalon *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 75 %
- 60+: 25 %
Common drugs people take besides Tessalon *:
- Magnesium: 6 people, 75.00%
- Zofran: 5 people, 62.50%
- Protonix: 4 people, 50.00%
- Amlodipine: 4 people, 50.00%
- Naloxone: 4 people, 50.00%
- Oxycodone: 4 people, 50.00%
- Zolpidem: 2 people, 25.00%
- Linaclotide: 2 people, 25.00%
- Melatonin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 2 people, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Large intestine perforation *:
- Septic Shock (shock due to blood infection): 4 people, 50.00%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 2 people, 25.00%
- Disease Progression: 2 people, 25.00%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 1 person, 12.50%
- Asthma: 1 person, 12.50%
- Bladder Cancer: 1 person, 12.50%
- Breast Cancer: 1 person, 12.50%
- Clostridium Difficile Colitis (inflammation of colon by clostridium difficile bacteria infection): 1 person, 12.50%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 1 person, 12.50%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 12.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 4 people, 50.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 37.50%
- Pain: 2 people, 25.00%
- Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour): 2 people, 25.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 25.00%
- Colon Cancer: 2 people, 25.00%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 1 person, 12.50%
- Parkinson's Disease: 1 person, 12.50%
- Incontinence (lack of moderation or self-control): 1 person, 12.50%
- Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tessalon and have Large intestine perforation?Check whether Large intestine perforation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Large intestine perforation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of benzonatate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tessalon:
- Tessalon (5,781 reports)
Common Tessalon side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 556 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 538 reports
- Pneumonia: 520 reports
- Cough: 462 reports
- Diarrhea: 426 reports
- Pain: 403 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 378 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 342 reports
Browse all side effects of Tessalon:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Large intestine perforation treatments and more:
- Large intestine perforation (7,370 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Large intestine perforation:
- Large intestine perforation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Large intestine perforation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Large intestine perforation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Large intestine perforation:
- Humira: 554 reports
- Prednisone: 481 reports
- Avastin: 400 reports
- Prednisolone: 380 reports
- Methotrexate: 323 reports
- Fluorouracil: 309 reports
- Aspirin: 280 reports
- Carboplatin: 264 reports
- Omeprazole: 250 reports
- Oxaliplatin: 244 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Large intestine perforation:
- Large intestine perforation (1,328 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Large intestine perforation:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 507 reports
- High blood pressure: 426 reports
- Crohn's disease: 392 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 267 reports
- Pain: 263 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 214 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Large intestine perforation:
- Large intestine perforation (735 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on benzonatate (the active ingredients of Tessalon) and Tessalon (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nyquil and Hetlioz drug interaction - now
- Multivitamin and Somatoform Pain Disorder - a second ago
- Zyrtec Allergy and Confusion - 3 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Peritoneal Adhesions - 10 seconds ago
- Feeling Drunk and drugs of ingredients of semaglutide - 14 seconds ago
- Keytruda and Prinivil drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Halcion and Respiration Abnormal - 17 seconds ago
- Levothroid and Second Primary Malignancy - 31 seconds ago
- Zide and Incision Site Cellulitis - 33 seconds ago
- How effective is Zoloft for Depression - Elderly? - 34 seconds ago