Thalomid and Tachypnoea - from FDA reports
Tachypnoea is found among people who take Thalomid, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Decadron, and have Metastatic malignant melanoma. This review analyzes which people have Tachypnoea with Thalomid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,865 people who have side effects when taking Thalomid from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 20, 2017
32,865 people reported to have side effects when taking Thalomid.
Among them, 22 people (0.07%) have Tachypnoea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Thalomid when people have Tachypnoea *:
- < 1 month: 76.92 %
- 1 - 6 months: 15.38 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.69 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tachypnoea when taking Thalomid *:
- female: 45.45 %
- male: 54.55 %
Age of people who have Tachypnoea when taking Thalomid *:
- 0-1: 4.76 %
- 2-9: 9.52 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 4.76 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 23.81 %
- 60+: 57.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Renal Cancer Metastatic (2 people, 9.09%)
- Metastatic Malignant Melanoma (2 people, 9.09%)
- Glioblastoma Multiforme (1 person, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Decadron (7 people, 31.82%)
- Dexamethasone (6 people, 27.27%)
- Nexium (4 people, 18.18%)
- Dilantin (4 people, 18.18%)
- Celebrex (4 people, 18.18%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Oedema Peripheral (6 people, 27.27%)
- Blood Glucose Increased (6 people, 27.27%)
- Paraesthesia (5 people, 22.73%)
- Low Tissue Oxygen (5 people, 22.73%)
- Consciousness - Decreased (5 people, 22.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Tachypnoea when taking Thalomid?
- Check symptoms - is tachypnoea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsTachypnoea and drugs with ingredients of thalidomide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeTachypnoea and Thalomid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Thalomid has active ingredients of thalidomide. It is often used in multiple myeloma. (latest outcomes from Thalomid 32,904 users)
Tachypnoea (condition of rapid breathing over 20 per minute) has been reported by people with depression, hiv infection, high blood pressure, pain, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 8,865 Tachypnoea patients).