Theophylline and Gastric erosions - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastric erosions is reported only by a few people who take Theophylline.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Theophylline and have Gastric erosions. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,433 people who have side effects while taking Theophylline from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17,433 people reported to have side effects when taking Theophylline.
Among them, 5 people (0.03%) have Gastric erosions.
What is Theophylline?
Theophylline has active ingredients of theophylline. It is often used in asthma. eHealthMe is studying from 16,804 Theophylline users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastric erosions?
Gastric erosions (gradual destruction of surface layer of the membrane lining the stomach) is found to be associated with 466 drugs and 61 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Theophylline and Gastric erosions reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastric erosions when taking Theophylline *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Gastric erosions when taking Theophylline *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 80 %
Common drugs people take besides Theophylline *:
- Vioxx: 2 people, 40.00%
- Spironolactone: 2 people, 40.00%
- Ranitidine Hydrochloride: 2 people, 40.00%
- Indomethacin: 2 people, 40.00%
- Doxycycline: 2 people, 40.00%
- Acetylcysteine: 2 people, 40.00%
- Verapamil Hcl: 1 person, 20.00%
- Torsemide: 1 person, 20.00%
- Metoclopramide Hydrochloride: 1 person, 20.00%
- Metoclopramide: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Gastric erosions *:
- Weakness: 2 people, 40.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 2 people, 40.00%
- Duodenal Ulcer Haemorrhage (bleeding duodenal ulcer): 2 people, 40.00%
- Faeces Discolored: 2 people, 40.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 40.00%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 2 people, 40.00%
- Melaena (the passage of black, tarry stools): 2 people, 40.00%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 2 people, 40.00%
- Heart Attack: 1 person, 20.00%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 1 person, 20.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Heart Attack: 1 person, 20.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Theophylline and have Gastric erosions?Check whether Gastric erosions is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Korang-Yeboah M, Rahman Z, Shah D, Mohammad A, Wu S, Siddiqui A, Khan MA, "Impact of formulation and process variables on solid-state stability of theophylline in controlled release formulations", International journal of pharmaceutics, 2016 Feb .
- Dhaval MK, "Impact of formulation and process variables on solid-state stability of theophylline in controlled release formulations", International Journal of Pharmaceutics, 2016 Jan .
How severe was Gastric erosions and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of theophylline:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Theophylline:
- Theophylline (16,804 reports)
Common Theophylline side effects:
Browse all side effects of Theophylline:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastric erosions treatments and more:
- Gastric erosions (878 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastric erosions:
- Gastric erosions in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastric erosions in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastric erosions in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastric erosions:
- Vioxx: 166 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastric erosions:
- Gastric erosions (466 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Gastric erosions:
- Gastric erosions (61 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on theophylline (the active ingredients of Theophylline) and Theophylline (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fatigue and Balance Disorder - 7 seconds ago
- Suprep Bowel Prep Kit and Headache - 11 seconds ago
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia and Nausea And Vomiting - 13 seconds ago
- Diprivan and Stadol drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Esomeprazole Magnesium and Stomatitis - 23 seconds ago
- Celecoxib and Drowsiness - 24 seconds ago
- Colestid vs. Amitriptyline Hydrochloride - 45 seconds ago
- Lazanda and Malaise - 55 seconds ago
- Gastritis Aggravated and Grip Strength Decreased - 56 seconds ago
- Combigan and Tagrisso drug interaction - a minute ago