Tigan and Gastrointestinal inflammation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastrointestinal inflammation is reported only by a few people who take Tigan.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tigan and have Gastrointestinal inflammation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,839 people who have side effects while taking Tigan from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,839 people reported to have side effects when taking Tigan.
Among them, 2 people (0.11%) have Gastrointestinal inflammation.
What is Tigan?
Tigan has active ingredients of trimethobenzamide hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. eHealthMe is studying from 1,813 Tigan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastrointestinal inflammation?
Gastrointestinal inflammation (inflammation of stomach and intestine) is found to be associated with 772 drugs and 511 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tigan and Gastrointestinal inflammation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastrointestinal inflammation when taking Tigan *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Gastrointestinal inflammation when taking Tigan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 50 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Tigan *:
- Zemplar: 1 person, 50.00%
- Xanax: 1 person, 50.00%
- Baclofen: 1 person, 50.00%
- Benlysta: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dexilant: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fentanyl: 1 person, 50.00%
- Folic Acid: 1 person, 50.00%
- Humira: 1 person, 50.00%
- Inderal: 1 person, 50.00%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Gastrointestinal inflammation *:
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Weakness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Skin - Clammy: 1 person, 50.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1 person, 50.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 1 person, 50.00%
- Intestinal Stenosis (partial obstruction that causes the centre opening of the intestine to become narrower): 1 person, 50.00%
- Gastrointestinal Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 1 person, 50.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 1 person, 50.00%
- Nephropathy (damage to or disease of a kidney): 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Heart Attack: 1 person, 50.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 50.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tigan and have Gastrointestinal inflammation?Check whether Gastrointestinal inflammation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Schwerd T, Pandey S, Yang HT, Bagola K, Jameson E, Jung J, Lachmann RH, Shah N, Patel SY, Booth C, Runz H, "Impaired antibacterial autophagy links granulomatous intestinal inflammation in Niemann–Pick disease type C1 and XIAP deficiency with NOD2 variants in Crohn9s disease", Gut, 2016 Mar .
How severe was Gastrointestinal inflammation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of trimethobenzamide hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tigan:
- Tigan (1,813 reports)
Common Tigan side effects:
Browse all side effects of Tigan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastrointestinal inflammation treatments and more:
- Gastrointestinal inflammation (7,706 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastrointestinal inflammation:
- Gastrointestinal inflammation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal inflammation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal inflammation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastrointestinal inflammation:
All the drugs that are associated with Gastrointestinal inflammation:
- Gastrointestinal inflammation (772 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastrointestinal inflammation:
All the conditions that are associated with Gastrointestinal inflammation:
- Gastrointestinal inflammation (511 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on trimethobenzamide hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Tigan) and Tigan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ditropan Xl and Enlarged Heart - 6 seconds ago
- Trileptal and Eczema - 15 seconds ago
- Trileptal and Dermatitis - Atopic - 15 seconds ago
- Byetta and Normochromic Normocytic Anaemia - 25 seconds ago
- Dostinex and Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy - 29 seconds ago
- Indocin and Oral Candidiasis - 43 seconds ago
- Lopurin and Formication - 46 seconds ago
- Northera and Provigil drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Hysterectomy and Injection Site Reaction - 54 seconds ago
- Limbitrol and Rales - 57 seconds ago