Tigan and Sjogren syndrome - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Sjogren syndrome is found among people who take Tigan, especially for people who are female, , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tigan and have Sjogren syndrome. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 1,839 people who have side effects when taking Tigan from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
1,839 people reported to have side effects when taking Tigan.
Among them, 9 people (0.49%) have Sjogren syndrome.
What is Tigan?
Tigan has active ingredients of trimethobenzamide hydrochloride. It is often used in nausea. eHealthMe is studying from 1,870 Tigan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Sjogren syndrome?
Sjogren syndrome (a disease that causes dryness in the mouth and eyes) is found to be associated with 1,413 drugs and 878 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tigan and Sjogren syndrome reports submitted per year:
Time on Tigan when people have Sjogren syndrome *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Sjogren syndrome when taking Tigan *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Tigan *:
- Adderall: 9 people, 100.00%
- Flaxseed: 9 people, 100.00%
- Vicodin: 9 people, 100.00%
- Lexapro: 8 people, 88.89%
- Flovent: 8 people, 88.89%
- Promethazine: 8 people, 88.89%
- Ritalin: 8 people, 88.89%
- Wellbutrin: 8 people, 88.89%
- Provigil: 7 people, 77.78%
- Xyrem: 7 people, 77.78%
Common side effects people have besides Sjogren syndrome *:
- Nosebleed (bleeding from nose): 9 people, 100.00%
- Drug Hypersensitivity: 8 people, 88.89%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 2 people, 22.22%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 22.22%
- Hepatitis Acute: 2 people, 22.22%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 2 people, 22.22%
Common conditions people have *:
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 9 people, 100.00%
- Cataplexy (loss of muscle tone accompanied by full conscious awareness): 9 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tigan and have Sjogren syndrome?Check whether Sjogren syndrome is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Sjogren syndrome and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of trimethobenzamide hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tigan:
- Tigan (1,870 reports)
Common Tigan side effects:
- Drowsiness: 253 reports
- Dizziness: 201 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 177 reports
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 176 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 153 reports
- High blood pressure: 131 reports
- Drug ineffective: 128 reports
Browse all side effects of Tigan:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Sjogren syndrome treatments and more:
- Sjogren syndrome (10,442 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Sjogren syndrome:
- Sjogren syndrome in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Sjogren syndrome in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Sjogren syndrome in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Sjogren syndrome:
- Methotrexate: 822 reports
- Enbrel: 641 reports
- Prednisone: 616 reports
- Humira: 572 reports
- Fosamax: 380 reports
- Plaquenil: 332 reports
- Xeljanz: 259 reports
- Omeprazole: 245 reports
- Synthroid: 242 reports
- Vitamin d: 225 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Sjogren syndrome:
- Sjogren syndrome (1,413 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Sjogren syndrome:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,238 reports
- Osteoporosis: 339 reports
- Pain: 211 reports
- High blood pressure: 191 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 187 reports
- Narcolepsy: 170 reports
- Depression: 123 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Sjogren syndrome:
- Sjogren syndrome (878 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on trimethobenzamide hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Tigan) and Tigan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Darvocet and Oral Intake Reduced - 2 seconds ago
- Nasal Congestion in Cialis, how severe and when it was recovered? - 2 seconds ago
- Dyazide and Hepatitis Cholestatic - 3 seconds ago
- Sevoflurane and Dermatitis Bullous - 9 seconds ago
- Amoxicillin and Application Site Scab - 20 seconds ago
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Congestive Cardiomyopathy - 20 seconds ago
- Rapamune and Pulmonary Oedema - 28 seconds ago
- Triglide and Dermatitis - Atopic - 42 seconds ago
- Triglide and Eczema - 42 seconds ago
- Cetirizine Hydrochloride and Left Ventricular Dysfunction - 42 seconds ago