Tikosyn and Alcohol interaction - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Alcohol interaction is reported only by a few people who take Tikosyn.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tikosyn and have Alcohol interaction. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,469 people who have side effects while taking Tikosyn from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,469 people reported to have side effects when taking Tikosyn.
Among them, 4 people (0.03%) have Alcohol interaction.
What is Tikosyn?
Tikosyn has active ingredients of dofetilide. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 11,503 Tikosyn users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Alcohol interaction?
Alcohol interaction is found to be associated with 672 drugs and 375 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tikosyn and Alcohol interaction reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Tikosyn *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Alcohol interaction when taking Tikosyn *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Tikosyn *:
- Viagra: 2 people, 50.00%
- Alcohol: 2 people, 50.00%
- Warfarin Sodium: 1 person, 25.00%
- Vitamins: 1 person, 25.00%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 25.00%
- Pravastatin Sodium: 1 person, 25.00%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 1 person, 25.00%
- Magnesium: 1 person, 25.00%
Common side effects people have besides Alcohol interaction *:
- Heart Rate Increased: 3 people, 75.00%
- Vision Blurred: 2 people, 50.00%
- Cough: 2 people, 50.00%
- Electrocardiogram Qt Prolonged: 2 people, 50.00%
- Chest Pressure Sensation (feeling of pressure on chest): 1 person, 25.00%
- Food Interaction: 1 person, 25.00%
- Hearing Loss: 1 person, 25.00%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 1 person, 25.00%
- Heart Rate Irregular: 1 person, 25.00%
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears): 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Inner Ear Disorder: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tikosyn and have Alcohol interaction?Check whether Alcohol interaction is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Alcohol interaction and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dofetilide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tikosyn:
- Tikosyn (11,503 reports)
Common Tikosyn side effects:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1,712 reports
- Drug ineffective: 980 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 679 reports
- Dizziness: 605 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 594 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 524 reports
Browse all side effects of Tikosyn:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Alcohol interaction treatments and more:
- Alcohol interaction (2,374 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Alcohol interaction:
- Alcohol interaction in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Alcohol interaction in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Alcohol interaction in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Alcohol interaction:
- Alcohol: 541 reports
- Diazepam: 152 reports
- Loraz: 119 reports
- Lorazepam: 119 reports
- Sertraline: 110 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Alcohol interaction:
- Alcohol interaction (672 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Alcohol interaction:
All the conditions that are associated with Alcohol interaction:
- Alcohol interaction (375 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dofetilide (the active ingredients of Tikosyn) and Tikosyn (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nasal Congestion and drugs of ingredients of cabergoline - a second ago
- Omeprazole and Major Depression - 4 seconds ago
- Namenda and Nail Discoloration - 8 seconds ago
- Kisqali and Magnesium Sulfate drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Crohn'S Disease and Disease Progression - 14 seconds ago
- How effective is Junel 1.5/30 for Birth Control? - 16 seconds ago
- Hypersexuality and drugs of ingredients of testosterone - 21 seconds ago
- Docetaxel and Neutrophil Count Decreased - 24 seconds ago
- Synthroid and Dexmedetomidine drug interaction - 33 seconds ago
- Lexapro and Coconut Oil drug interaction - 34 seconds ago