Tikosyn and Renal failure acute - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Renal failure acute is found among people who take Tikosyn, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tikosyn and have Renal failure acute. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,127 people who have side effects when taking Tikosyn from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,127 people reported to have side effects when taking Tikosyn.
Among them, 27 people (0.24%) have Renal failure acute.
What is Tikosyn?
Tikosyn has active ingredients of dofetilide. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. eHealthMe is studying from 11,498 Tikosyn users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Renal failure acute?
Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction) is found to be associated with 3,073 drugs and 3,067 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tikosyn and Renal failure acute reports submitted per year:
Time on Tikosyn when people have Renal failure acute *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Tikosyn *:
- female: 13.64 %
- male: 86.36 %
Age of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Tikosyn *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 52.94 %
- 50-59: 5.88 %
- 60+: 41.18 %
Common drugs people take besides Tikosyn *:
- Lasix: 12 people, 44.44%
- Coreg: 11 people, 40.74%
- Spironolactone: 10 people, 37.04%
- Lisinopril: 10 people, 37.04%
- Ambien: 10 people, 37.04%
- Digoxin: 10 people, 37.04%
- Viagra: 9 people, 33.33%
- Byetta: 9 people, 33.33%
- Singulair: 9 people, 33.33%
- Synthroid: 9 people, 33.33%
Common side effects people have besides Renal failure acute *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 10 people, 37.04%
- Exercise Tolerance Decreased: 9 people, 33.33%
- Aortic Valve Calcification: 9 people, 33.33%
- Supraventricular Extrasystoles (premature electrical impulse in the heart, generated above the level of the ventricle): 9 people, 33.33%
- Cholecystitis Acute (rapid infection of gallbladder): 9 people, 33.33%
- Cardiomyopathy (weakening of the heart muscle): 8 people, 29.63%
- Pulmonary Arterial Pressure Increased: 8 people, 29.63%
- Pulmonary Congestion (congestion in the lungs): 8 people, 29.63%
- Cardiac Failure: 8 people, 29.63%
- Leukocytosis (increased white blood cells): 8 people, 29.63%
Common conditions people have *:
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 2 people, 7.41%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 1 person, 3.70%
- Pain: 1 person, 3.70%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 1 person, 3.70%
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 1 person, 3.70%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 1 person, 3.70%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tikosyn and have Renal failure acute?Check whether Renal failure acute is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alokaily FA, Alghamdi M, Almalki AS, Alhussaini H, "Aspirin induced leukocytoclastic vasculitis, lower gastrointestinal hemorrhage and acute renal failure (mimicking systemic vasculitis)", Saudi medical journal, 2013 Apr .
How severe was Renal failure acute and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dofetilide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tikosyn:
- Tikosyn (11,498 reports)
Common Tikosyn side effects:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1,712 reports
- Drug ineffective: 980 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 679 reports
- Dizziness: 610 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 594 reports
Browse all side effects of Tikosyn:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Renal failure acute treatments and more:
- Renal failure acute (73,864 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Renal failure acute:
- Renal failure acute in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Renal failure acute in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Renal failure acute in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Renal failure acute:
- Metformin: 5,929 reports
- Aspirin: 5,823 reports
- Lasix: 5,489 reports
- Furosemide: 5,462 reports
- Lisinopril: 4,178 reports
- Simvastatin: 3,559 reports
- Omeprazole: 3,429 reports
- Prednisone: 3,314 reports
- Lopurin: 3,241 reports
- Allopurinol: 3,241 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Renal failure acute:
- Renal failure acute (3,073 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Renal failure acute:
- High blood pressure: 6,913 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 3,046 reports
- Diabetes: 2,594 reports
- Pain: 2,373 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 2,264 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 1,881 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Renal failure acute:
- Renal failure acute (3,067 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dofetilide (the active ingredients of Tikosyn) and Tikosyn (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zemplar and Flank Pain - 5 seconds ago
- Cernevit-12 and Diclofenac Sodium drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Cyanocobalamin and Delirium - 16 seconds ago
- Gestational Diabetes and Paroxysmal Supraventricular Tachycardia - 27 seconds ago
- Cefazolin Sodium and Rectal Bleeding - 28 seconds ago
- Acute Myeloid Leukaemia Aggravated and Aseptic Necrosis - 33 seconds ago
- Catapres and Hydrocephalus - 34 seconds ago
- Testosterone and Pituitary Tumor - 34 seconds ago
- Formoterol Fumarate and Hair Loss - a minute ago
- Evista and Suture Rupture - a minute ago