Tivicay and Hypoglycemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hypoglycemia is found among people who take Tivicay, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tivicay and have Hypoglycemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,494 people who have side effects when taking Tivicay from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,494 people reported to have side effects when taking Tivicay.
Among them, 15 people (0.2%) have Hypoglycemia.
What is Tivicay?
Tivicay has active ingredients of dolutegravir sodium. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 6,270 Tivicay users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) is found to be associated with 2,618 drugs and 2,193 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tivicay and Hypoglycemia reports submitted per year:
Time on Tivicay when people have Hypoglycemia *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hypoglycemia when taking Tivicay *:
- female: 72.73 %
- male: 27.27 %
Age of people who have Hypoglycemia when taking Tivicay *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 25 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 75 %
Common drugs people take besides Tivicay *:
- Intelence: 10 people, 66.67%
- Darunavir: 10 people, 66.67%
- Descovy: 3 people, 20.00%
- Truvada: 1 person, 6.67%
- Metformin: 1 person, 6.67%
- Etravirine: 1 person, 6.67%
- Dolutegravir: 1 person, 6.67%
- Apidra: 1 person, 6.67%
Common side effects people have besides Hypoglycemia *:
- Hyponatremia (abnormally low level of sodium in the blood; associated with dehydration): 12 people, 80.00%
- Low Birth Weight Baby: 10 people, 66.67%
- Foetal Exposure During Pregnancy (exposing your unborn child to contraindicated in pregnancy leads birth defect): 10 people, 66.67%
- Cholestasis (a condition where bile cannot flow from the liver to the duodenum): 10 people, 66.67%
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (bleeding within the brain): 10 people, 66.67%
- Ards (Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome) (sudden failure of the respiratory (breathing) system): 10 people, 66.67%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 10 people, 66.67%
- Premature Baby: 3 people, 20.00%
- Rashes (redness): 2 people, 13.33%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 13.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tivicay and have Hypoglycemia?Check whether Hypoglycemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Hipoglisemi RB, "Rasagiline-Induced Hypoglycemia", , 2016 Jan .
How severe was Hypoglycemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dolutegravir sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tivicay:
- Tivicay (6,270 reports)
Common Tivicay side effects:
Browse all side effects of Tivicay:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hypoglycemia treatments and more:
- Hypoglycemia (49,170 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hypoglycemia:
- Hypoglycemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hypoglycemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hypoglycemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hypoglycemia:
All the drugs that are associated with Hypoglycemia:
- Hypoglycemia (2,618 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hypoglycemia:
All the conditions that are associated with Hypoglycemia:
- Hypoglycemia (2,193 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dolutegravir sodium (the active ingredients of Tivicay) and Tivicay (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Muscle Spasticity and Kidney Stones - now
- Danocrine and Skin Hypertrophy - 2 seconds ago
- Cefzil and Acidosis - 3 seconds ago
- Disulfiram and Itching - 4 seconds ago
- Mircera and Pancytopenia Aggravated - 5 seconds ago
- Allegra Allergy and Nightmares - 9 seconds ago
- Ceftin and Poor Dental Condition - 12 seconds ago
- Mysoline and Arteriovenous Fistula - 13 seconds ago
- Prevacid and Blood Magnesium Decreased - 14 seconds ago
- Questran and Hepatic Encephalopathy - 23 seconds ago