Tobradex and Hepatic encephalopathy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hepatic encephalopathy is reported only by a few people who take Tobradex.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Tobradex and have Hepatic encephalopathy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 2,656 people who have side effects while taking Tobradex from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
2,656 people reported to have side effects when taking Tobradex.
Among them, 5 people (0.19%) have Hepatic encephalopathy.
What is Tobradex?
Tobradex has active ingredients of dexamethasone; tobramycin. It is often used in eye infection. eHealthMe is studying from 2,436 Tobradex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hepatic encephalopathy?
Hepatic encephalopathy (spectrum of neuropsychiatric abnormalities in patients with liver failure) is found to be associated with 1,571 drugs and 1,151 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Tobradex and Hepatic encephalopathy reports submitted per year:
Time on Tobradex when people have Hepatic encephalopathy *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hepatic encephalopathy when taking Tobradex *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Hepatic encephalopathy when taking Tobradex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 80 %
- 60+: 20 %
Common drugs people take besides Tobradex *:
- Avelox: 4 people, 80.00%
- Advil: 4 people, 80.00%
- Spironolactone: 1 person, 20.00%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 1 person, 20.00%
- Lactulose: 1 person, 20.00%
- Amaryl: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hepatic encephalopathy *:
- Gait Disturbance: 4 people, 80.00%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 4 people, 80.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 4 people, 80.00%
- Bleeding Disorders: 4 people, 80.00%
- Confusional State: 4 people, 80.00%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 4 people, 80.00%
- Heart Attack: 4 people, 80.00%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 4 people, 80.00%
- Bleeding Into The Skin: 4 people, 80.00%
- Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (an inflammatory state affecting the whole body, frequently a response of the immune system to infection): 4 people, 80.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Otitis Media (inflammation of the middle ear): 4 people, 80.00%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 1 person, 20.00%
- Conjunctivitis Viral (infection of conjunctiva by virus): 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Tobradex and have Hepatic encephalopathy?Check whether Hepatic encephalopathy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hepatic encephalopathy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dexamethasone; tobramycin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Tobradex:
- Tobradex (2,436 reports)
Common Tobradex side effects:
Browse all side effects of Tobradex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hepatic encephalopathy treatments and more:
- Hepatic encephalopathy (13,023 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hepatic encephalopathy:
- Hepatic encephalopathy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hepatic encephalopathy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hepatic encephalopathy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hepatic encephalopathy:
All the drugs that are associated with Hepatic encephalopathy:
- Hepatic encephalopathy (1,571 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hepatic encephalopathy:
All the conditions that are associated with Hepatic encephalopathy:
- Hepatic encephalopathy (1,151 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dexamethasone; tobramycin (the active ingredients of Tobradex) and Tobradex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fatigue and Balance Disorder - 7 seconds ago
- Suprep Bowel Prep Kit and Headache - 11 seconds ago
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia and Nausea And Vomiting - 13 seconds ago
- Diprivan and Stadol drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Esomeprazole Magnesium and Stomatitis - 23 seconds ago
- Celecoxib and Drowsiness - 24 seconds ago
- Colestid vs. Amitriptyline Hydrochloride - 45 seconds ago
- Lazanda and Malaise - 55 seconds ago
- Gastritis Aggravated and Grip Strength Decreased - 56 seconds ago
- Combigan and Tagrisso drug interaction - a minute ago